What's your NEXT gun?

musicman

I don't mean your unicorn gun or something unrealistic, but the next actual thing you think you'll get.  What are you looking up on Bud's and grabagun every couple days and saving your pennies for?  Rifle, handgun, shotgun, whatever.

There's lots of fancy new stuff being announced at SHOT show this week as well.  Anything in particular you're interested in?

I've got to get a 1911.  I've been into guns about a decade now and still don't own one. :/  I also don't own anything in .45 and I'm not really wanting to add another caliber right now.  I think a 9mm 1911 is kinda useless (don't flame me, bro!) but I already shoot 10mm, so I think that's the direction I'm headed.  For some reason I'm really diggin' the Kimber Custom TLE II.  I start a new job Monday, so I'm going to hold off on any big purchases for a few weeks/a month until I settle in and see what my income is like.  But dangit I just wanna get that pistol!

What about you?

I talked a buddy into getting his first 45 in honor of the 45th president.  He ordered a Colt 1911 from Grab-a-Gun, and he will take possession tomorrow (1/20).  Now I am little jealous, I am seriously thinking about adding another 45 as well.  I may consider a Sig P320 in 45 ACP maybe in the desert color, maybe the full size or Nitron Compact or the Carry.  I try to buy at minimum one gun per year, and this is a new year. 

Edited by runco
  • Like 1

I haven't been able to settle on a polymer striker 9 platform to fully embrace yet. They all have had their cons to me. As long as no surprises come up, I'm getting a M&P 2.0. There are a few reviews of it coming up that I'm waiting on. It seems that they fixed all the known problems from the early 1st gen models and made some other improvements as well. I'm really liking it.

Am hoping someone has a .338 lapua laying around collecting dust and they want an SP5K.  Or a .50 DE. Or anything else that is pretty much an unnecessary funmaker.

Functional collection is done, need some range toys now.

Runco, I say make 2017 a banner year... get two!  Or ten!  :-D

Nightrunner, I bought the 5 inch 9mm and I have to say it's great.  I already have 5 other M&P pistols and while the 2.0 isn't a complete redesign, it is a marked improvement.  My first four shots out of the gun went into the same hole, with the rest of the mag very close or touching.  Maybe it's all in my head, but that extended internal frame seems to keep the gun even flatter under recoil than before, and I have a 5" Pro model.  The 2.0 shoots better than the Pro, imho.

Ooooh.  M1A... nice, Obiwan!

I'm getting close to the same boat, Sam1.  If you go DEagle, please tell me you're going for the gold! 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

I haven't been able to settle on a polymer striker 9 platform to fully embrace yet. They all have had their cons to me. As long as no surprises come up, I'm getting a M&P 2.0. There are a few reviews of it coming up that I'm waiting on. It seems that they fixed all the known problems from the early 1st gen models and made some other improvements as well. I'm really liking it.

I picked up an M&P2.0 for $440 from garbagun a few weeks ago and holy smokes do those changes make a huge difference.  There are a few things I was surprised about on it (I'm sure there will be legit online reviews form reputable sources, but here's what I noticed from owning two different model gen 1's and this 2.0 - all in 9mm):

when the pistol goes into battery, there is a solid thud.  The gun is built properly. Glocks, springfields, M&P gen 1's, they all feel loose compared to the M&P2.0  I mean, it is a solid thud, both from the sound and feel.

Factory grips are the best ones I've seen on a composite gun

The way the design of the grip is now, when you index during an unholster, even if you don't get a solid grip on it, your palm rotates in and finger slides up on the side never going near the inside of the trigger guard.  I have no clue what they did to it, or what the difference is between this and any other gun I own.  I drew from both an IWB and OWB about a 100 times total, and almost every single time, my hand just rolled into place even when it was a bad initial draw.

Trigger has about a 5 pound break.  There is a lot of pretravel, but the reset is short.  It's a really good factory trigger.

What you actually need though is an M&P9c with an Apex trigger in it... and I can hook you up! ;)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, musicman said:

Nightrunner, I bought the 5 inch 9mm and I have to say it's great.  I already have 5 other M&P pistols and while the 2.0 isn't a complete redesign, it is a marked improvement.  My first four shots out of the gun went into the same hole, with the rest of the mag very close or touching.  Maybe it's all in my head, but that extended internal frame seems to keep the gun even flatter under recoil than before, and I have a 5" Pro model.  The 2.0 shoots better than the Pro, imho.

It's not in your head, I've got the CORE 9mm, M&P9c both with the same Apex trigger and sear setup, and the out of box full factory 2.0 will outshoot both of them.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I'll be getting the CZ P10c as my next gun. I've got a DE in 44mag on layaway at work and my wife wants a P320 compact. Hoping to get a PS90 before the summer time and a scope for my M1A SOCOM 16 project.

I really wish the guy that has the Colt SP1 in the classifieds would answer my PM's since I've been after an SP1 exactly like the one he has listed for several years. I want an early model with the 3 prong flash hider. I've got the cash but he never has replied. First world problems.....

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, tacops said:

Uberti El Patron .357, when I find one.  Henry Big Boy .357, only problem with the Henry is I want a color case hardened receiver and they don't make that.  Go figure.  It's all about the hunt.

Lever 357s are so much fun!  I have a Marlin and am hoping to get a 44 to join it soon, probably a Henry as well.  Best of luck in the search!

34 minutes ago, musicman said:

Lever 357s are so much fun!  I have a Marlin and am hoping to get a 44 to join it soon, probably a Henry as well.  Best of luck in the search!

I have a JM Marlin .357 carbine and love it.  I have never owned a Henry... therefore I must.

• Like 2

I'm satisfied with my overall collection. I recently added an MPX, Legion 226SAO and a Winchester 1873.  I bought and sold enough TRP's, Les Baer's and Glocks that I need rehab. 

Oddly enough, the only thing I find myself desiring is a Ruger LCR .22LR with a Crimson Trace laser.  I keep telling myself that my daughter would enjoy it, but ultimately it will be mine.  Nothing else lights my fire at the moment. 

I'm considering, and keep looking at, the Smith 640 Pro. And I need a good bolt action .308. And a Mossberg 590A1 with the 18.5" barrel. And the new Smith Model 66 3". And a good .22 rifle, maybe the Ruger 'Murican. 

Priority for this year would be the 640 and .308.

• Like 1

What bolt 308s are you considering?  I have an AR10 and some bolt guns in other caliberz, but no 308 bolt.  It's something I'll probably add later in the year and I'm probably leaning Savage model 11 or something similar at this point. What about you?

I have decided to hold off until I can find a G19 gen 4 for a great price or my one true muse, a CZ75 cold war commemorative. Now that one has been a pain to find.  But at the rate things are going, I might just end up building a .50 beowulf or a .458 soccom.

I'm seriously looking at the S&W Governor. None of my local stores have had any in stock for me to get my hands on, and I don't really want to order one without having a chance to adequately ogle and confirm that it's as awesome as my gun lust is telling me it is. 

I almost bought a SAA clone a couple of times (Sportsmans Warehouse had a Cimarron Evil Roy .45LC). Sweet gun, but I decided to wait another payday and get an actual Colt. That's my next one... a new production 5.5" case hardened Colt SAA .45LC.

After that I have it all planned out (order is yet to be determined) :)

- Winchester 1873 .45LC (Buds has them in stock)

- Ruger American bolt rifle .22lr threaded for my jailed silencer

- Ruger SR22 threaded for my jailed silencer

- after that maybe a 6.5 creedmoor bolt gun ?

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1

Just picked up a 1989 Browning Semi-Auto Gold Hunter 12 Gauge that had never been fired and still in the original box.  That one just kinda showed up but the gun that I have been planning on in the near future is a Glock 19 MOS.  I did the Remington Black Friday deal on 9mm and let's just say I have some 9mm to burn through this year.