Cool or Not Cool, Trump's Pistol

runco

Yea or Nay, Trump's Pistol  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do You like this Pistol for Trump [URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/donalds%201911_zpsddbwc0va.jpg.html][IMG]http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae114/runco0318/donalds%201911_zpsddbwc0va.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• Yea
    • Nay
    • No Care, I am a Liberal

I may be mistaken, but I believe the American Pistolsmiths Guild presents the president with a custom 1911 as tradition. Or maybe only some presidents? I have seen at least one that was presented to G.W. Bush and I believe G.H. Bush as well.

But simply as the pistol, I like it.

2 hours ago, Omega said:

Nay!  Looks like something we recovered after the downfall of Saddam.  I'd say something like this:

silencerco_summit_1911_02.jpg

The first thing I thought of was the gold plated guns that Saddam apparently had.

Apparently, it is also kind of a 'trend' now among super-wealthy millennials (well, probably more like millennials with super-wealthy parents) to have various firearms that are gold plated, jewel inlaid and the like.  Blech.

I am not the biggest fan of 1911s but cannot deny that they are iconic and can be made to look great, especially for a presentation pistol.  I think that even a little engraving and even just a bit of gold inlay can be done in a classy way.  For me, as far as fancied-up 1911s go, it would be hard to beat a nice, old-style Colt bluing (you know, that deep, lapis kind of bluing) with some (but not too much) traditional style and elegantly done engraving with maybe - maybe - a small amount of gold or silver inlay just for accent.

I have to say, though, that to my mind for a Trump commemorative it should be a 1911 paired with a matching 'Derringer'  type pistol.  Why?  Well, several reasons.  One is that if Trump is anything he is a modern-day gambler (his brand of high stakes business deals, that is) and, right or wrong, the Derringer has come to be identified with professional gamblers.  Another is that the opposition thought Trump had no chance, they thought they had him outgunned and that he was dead before the whole 'shootout' began but then - just like a gunfighter in an old Western movie pulling out a hide-out Derringer and unexpectedly winning the fight - Trump pulled off a 'surprise' win.  See?  Derringer. 

To me, that thing in the OP picture looks like a plastic toy some kid might want from the 'everything $1.00 or less' box of junk from one of those vendors at the flea market who 'specializes' in ordering new, low-priced crap from China in bulk and then reselling it at a mark up.  Yeah, you could say I'm not a fan of that pistol.

Edited by JAB

If not mistaken there was 1 time that Donald did pull out his gun and show it to the press during a discussion at a press conference and I think hepulled out a single action Colt 45 and showed it to the press. Rather it was just for show or not I don't know but that is what he was packing that day.................:clap:

A pistol like that sure fits in with his gaudy personal aesthetic.

I also don't like the idea of a pistol that isn't meant to be shot and maintained...that thing probably wouldn't do well with any standard gun cleaning products.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk just to give Oh Shoot something to be grumpy about.

Just my .02 but the plastic thingy (Sarcasm, I do know what it is) in front of trigger guard would have to go at least. Then have it refinished. And I do agree it would be going to the range and fired. We already have enough things in Government intended for use that are not!

10 hours ago, RC3 said:

If I am going to have a golden gun, it will be an AK and nothing else.

If I'm going to have a golden gun then it will break down into a pen, lighter, cigarette case and cuff link for super deep concealed carry.

man_with_the_golden_gun_ver3.jpg

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1