Go pro cameras

VERO1

I have decided I need an action cam to go with my full size Canon.  Go Pro seems to be the go to maker.  Anyone have alternatives they like better or regrets on purchasing or not purchasing one? Feedback would be appreciated before I plunk down cash  

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to try out this type of camera without the full investment of the GoPro I would recommend giving this a look.

Search Amazon for
AKASO EK7000 4K WIFI Sports Action Camera Ultra HD Waterproof DV Camcorder 12MP 170 Degree Wide Angle

My son got one for Christmas and I have been very impressed with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, 56FordGuy said:
Awesome timing. I've been looking at a Hero 5 Black, but torn between it and the Session. Curious to see what folks have to say.

Good timing for me too. I've been looking for one as well and I'm likely to get the Hero 5 Black over the Session to get instant feedback via the screen based on my needs.

I don't need the camera for a few months so I'm hoping they might come down on prices since it hasn't been on the market very long.
For those that haven't seen the newest version here's a description video.

Edited by Trekbike

Good timing for me too. I've been looking for one as well and I'm likely to get the Hero 5 Black over the Session to get instant feedback via the screen based on my needs.

I plan to wear mine on my head, so the smaller size of the Session would be great. I believe you can monitor the view, menus etc with a smartphone. What I don't like is the two hour, non swappable battery. At least with the Black when it goes dead I can change batteries, the Session must be recharged.

I shopped around awhile and after a lot of research landed on the SJCam SJ500x elite.  Its 4K, made in the same factory (and same line) as Go Pro (yeah all these little cameras are made in 1 factory in China).  Looks just like the Go Pro just a few tweaks but about 1/3 the price.  Amazon has them for $139 (compared to $349 for Go Pro 5)

I love mine use it daily as a Car Cam and then on weekends for hunting/shooting/hiking...it more or less goes everywhere. 

https://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-SJ5000x-IMX078-Sensor-Action/dp/B01AFNACQS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1485024318&sr=8-3&keywords=sj5000

5 hours ago, lordjackel said:

I shopped around awhile and after a lot of research landed on the SJCam SJ500x elite.  Its 4K, made in the same factory (and same line) as Go Pro (yeah all these little cameras are made in 1 factory in China).  Looks just like the Go Pro just a few tweaks but about 1/3 the price.  Amazon has them for $139 (compared to $349 for Go Pro 5)

I love mine use it daily as a Car Cam and then on weekends for hunting/shooting/hiking...it more or less goes everywhere. 

https://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-SJ5000x-IMX078-Sensor-Action/dp/B01AFNACQS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1485024318&sr=8-3&keywords=sj5000

Looks like a good option but I'm really liking the Hero 5 for the fact that no waterproof case is needed.   I also like the voice control capability as well.   All of these action camera's are really gaining some nice features and get better every year.   

I've got a Hero 3 Black + that I would let go, if anyone is interrested. Used very little and in excellent condition. All factory mounts are unused, and I also have the head band mount. Shoots in up to 4k and different shutter speeds. Lots of features. Send me a PM if any interest.