child monitoring software for cellphone

Sam1

Don't have any kids so I've never really looked into it..

A friend has a daughter that is 12, or 19 depending on if you ask her in person or online. He's obviously concerned and asked me for some jack boot level monitoring software to put on her iphone.  Don't care if it's paid or free, he wants god-level control of the phone and to monitor what she is doing online.  I got him covered on monitoring her computer, but have no clue on what is good for mobile devices.

Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, spurge said:

I use screentime for my kids and am happy with it so far.i can control what they see how much time they are on it and when they use the device. 

+1 for Screentime on Android. The Apple version of it is coming along, but still not 100%.

You can block individual apps, set time limits, set bedtimes, look at their surf history remotely, and list new app installs. 

As far as texting, you can also talk to your carrier and if it is real texting, not I Message or another app, you can get copies of times and numbers, but usually not content. You can see if it is a pic msg or text though.

10 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

How about if she's not trustworthy, just take the phone and let her carry quarters around ...

Hate to saw it, but when was the last time you saw payphone? They are rare as bag phones....

On 1/24/2017 at 3:12 PM, peejman said:

If she's not especially trustworthy (which is the impression I get), take away the smart phone and get her a prepaid flip phone.

That is an idea, but you have less control over texting. Even though texting and cameras suck on a flip phone it still can be done. Millions of teenagers proved it before smart phones came along.

Plus done right with a smartphone, you can keep location control on and check in on her location if her trust level deems it necessary.

There is a balance to strike between parent and prison guard, but how far in which direction depends on the kid. Online is the worst, because they think it is no big deal...until that crotch shot ends up on every phone in the school....

Thanks everyone, decided to go with flexipsy.  Looked to allow ludicrous amounts of control of the phone.

Glad you found one that works. I just looked that up since we've been having some issues with my 16 year old niece. She keeps making up new emails and Facebook accounts to get around her grandmother knowing her passwords.

Bummed though since it has to be installed on a jailbroken device and her iPhone cannot be jailbroken since it's running iOS 10. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 hours ago, SamZzz said:

Glad you found one that works. I just looked that up since we've been having some issues with my 16 year old niece. She keeps making up new emails and Facebook accounts to get around her grandmother knowing her passwords.

Bummed though since it has to be installed on a jailbroken device and her iPhone cannot be jailbroken since it's running iOS 10. emoji853.png

While looking, I found mspy that lets you put it on non-jalbroken phones.  Doesn't have as much control, but pretty close.

• Like 1
While looking, I found mspy that lets you put it on non-jalbroken phones.  Doesn't have as much control, but pretty close.

Thanks! I'll have to check this out and see if it'll do the trick.

• Like 1