.22 Short in the wild in East TN?

I see it at one Walmart location or another around here every once in a while.  Not all that often, mind you, but probably more often lately than I see .22LR in those locations.  I think I have seen some once or twice at Academy and/or Gander in Knoxville but won't swear to it.  Mostly it has been CCI in the clear, plastic boxes I have seen but, again, not very often anywhere.  Other than that, not really.

1 hour ago, jughead said:

this old man would really like to have a box or two of short hollow points havent seen any in YEARS

I scored one box of 100 CCI ones a couple of years ago at Wallly. Bought by default just because there wasn't anything else around and was shocked to see any .22 at all at the time.

I get down to nooga every other month or so, will see about swapping them to you or whatever.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I run into them occasionally, usually academy or Gander. I have and old revolver that only shoots shorts and the family likes shooting it so I try and keep near 200 on hand. The plus side is they are not inflated prices when I see them and don't usually have the limit on them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

There was some 100rd sticks of 22 short at the Brainerd Walmart a few weeks ago. If you really want some take a drive up to Outpost Armory, they have more 22 ammo than I have seen in yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, et45 said:

There was some 100rd sticks of 22 short at the Brainerd Walmart a few weeks ago. If you really want some take a drive up to Outpost Armory, they have more 22 ammo than I have seen in yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank. I am keeping a watch at the local Wal-marts. Unfortunately, Outpost is a good drive for me (4 1/2 hours) so I do not see getting to drop by there any time soon. I will see about their website.

23 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Thank. I am keeping a watch at the local Wal-marts. Unfortunately, Outpost is a good drive for me (4 1/2 hours) so I do not see getting to drop by there any time soon. I will see about their website.

Have you asked the person in the sporting goods department? When our Wal-Mart does get .22 ammo it doesn't go on the shelf, it goes under the counter and you have to ask.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

Have you asked the person in the sporting goods department? When our Wal-Mart does get .22 ammo it doesn't go on the shelf, it goes under the counter and you have to ask.

Yeah, I got used to doing that when LR was so short. Most of ours have started putting it on the shelf again though.

I will find some, it is just taking longer than I would like. So many people are still hot to find LR that I am not sure anyone is ordering short, maybe not even making it.

8 minutes ago, Sidecarist said:

I bought 2 boxes of Aguila colibri cb shorts at sportsman's warehouse in Chattanooga last week. They probably had 10 more boxes.

Not a full power short, but fun with the kids. Absolutely lethal on tin cans and necco wafers.

I am not sure I have one around up here in the far East, but I will look. I am leaning toward low power due to what I am going to shoot it in anyway. Just looking to plink. If I seriously needed to use .22, I have my Marlin 60 rifle that is my go to .22LR slinger. 

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Nooga store is only one in TN, you may about at as close to the one in Lexington, KY or Roanoke, VA.

Ok thanks I looked at their site. Too far to go for a box of shorts.

We had a Sportsman Liquidators here, but it closed. That is why I thought I recognized the name. Wrong as usual. Lol