Sig 226 or?

res308

I've never handled a Sig with the DAK. I've never heard anything good about them, but that's about all I know. However, I've never heard anything but good about Sig's SRT. I have thought that if I did wind up with another Sig, the first things I would do would be the short trigger and the SRT. Besides, I might know a gunsmith who's a Sig armorer and knows the Legion trigger job, so I can probably imagine it's first destination.:angel:

Edited by res308
  • Like 1
On 1/30/2017 at 2:46 PM, ma6907 said:

I had a Sig 226 Legion in .40 in my cart on the Gander website.  10% off with NRA discount code.  Went to the bank to move some money around at lunch and came back to hit "buy" and it is GONE.  Not in my cart and disappeared from Website.  Gander Chat site advised they will not be getting in any more before the NRA coupon expires.  I am bummed!

SOOO--I checked the Gander site about 400 times today IN CASE someone had a 226 Legion .40 in their cart, which somehow got released after a period of time.  Guess what?  It happened.  so I WAS able to get it ordered.  Now 3-5 days of waiting and I will be a member of the Sig Secret Decoder club!  I saved $130 from the NRA code (NRA10) and they waived the $25 shipping fee, so ACTUALLY I saved $155.  Now the excruciating 3-5 day wait!

20 hours ago, ma6907 said:

SOOO--I checked the Gander site about 400 times today IN CASE someone had a 226 Legion .40 in their cart, which somehow got released after a period of time.  Guess what?  It happened.  so I WAS able to get it ordered.  Now 3-5 days of waiting and I will be a member of the Sig Secret Decoder club!  I saved $130 from the NRA code (NRA10) and they waived the $25 shipping fee, so ACTUALLY I saved $155.  Now the excruciating 3-5 day wait!

So what was your out the door priced if you don't mind me asking?

On 1/28/2017 at 11:30 PM, res308 said:

I'm starting my studies on the 226. I've owned one before, but it's been a long time ago. I'm thinking I want another one.

I'm going to gather my Glock 19 FDE and all the crap together at some point and get ready to put it toward a Sig (or?). Looking a while down the road.

I have owned somewhere north of 1,459,726 1/2 Glocks (it seems) of various calibers over the years, and I've been issued Glocks for the last 20 years, and I've gone through the Glock armorer's course. So I KNOW the Glocks. I know there mostly reliable, and I know there have been some problems. (Thought I'd get all that out of the way first) But I am TIRED of them! And I mean really tired of them. So tired that I seem to be developing some kind of angst agin 'em that's been gathering steam for quite some time (years) now.

So maybe it is time for something different.

I like the Beretta's I've owned, and there's certain things about them that I dislike, just like any other gun. Pretty well know the platform. 

I believe I like the Sig 226 or 228 better.

And, of course, when my lustful eye falleth upon a CZ 75 I get a........well never mind that, but I really like them. I'd have to decide between the standard and omega systems.

So, my choice is twixt these three.

I know there are fans of the newer Sigs, and fans of the older west Germans.

Amongst the Sigs, what do I need to look for, and which ones do I need to stay away from? Or would I be better off just concentrating on Beretta or CZ?

Obviously I just thought I'd come here and vent and be considerate enough to allow ya'll to take part in my misery.:angel:

My vote is for CZ out of what you've mentioned.  I recently went through "the change" and sold off a couple Glocks in order to get back to all steel for USPSA shooting.  Ended up with a Tanfoglio Stock II and I'm really liking it thus far.  It's a DA/SA setup and feels so much nicer than the "sproingy" feeling of a striker fired DAO.  If you're patient CZ should start shipping the Shadow 2 in the next couple weeks.  They look pretty nice and will probably outshoot the Sig.

57 minutes ago, jphillips63 said:

Wish I had known I could had saved you 200.00

983F1A15-226C-4375-BA19-E0993C2DB46B_zpskxywbnpg.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea--me too!  Actually only $130, though.  My price was 1169 pre tax.  Unless I wouldn't have paid tax?  Which I DO love (not paying taxes).  I once bought a barrel of Jack Daniels and we got to go pick out the barrell.  We got a bottle the day we selected the barrel that has stamped ALL over it "No taxes paid on this bottle".  I don't even drink, but it is one of my prize possessions.  (I gave away the bottles from the barrel as business gifts.)  Kept the no taxes bottle, though!

Edited by ma6907

That's pretty much cost on the Sig from the Reloadersnest add.  And if you order from out of state you're likely not paying a tax on it.  So even with some shipping and a transfer fee it's a good price.

Edited by ARO Matt
  • 1 month later...