Sig P320 or New M&P M2.0

T_Brandon

1 hour ago, SWJewellTN said:

I handgun, being modular, has the serial number on the trigger module which can be easily removed by rotating the take down level downwards, removing the slide, and then pushing out the take down lever out. The trigger module then pulls out. You order the larger slide, barrel, frame, and magazines in the size for compact, carry, or full, and put the trigger module in the new frame in the reverse order.

Personally, I like the "carry" size as it offers a shorter/lighter barrel and slide than the "full" size, but takes the full size magazines. What started as a compact .40 is now a carry sized .357 Sig.

Here are options at SIG's site, click P320 and caliber to see them. If you can find them in stock, I've seen prices about 50 clams lower at dealers:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts/conversion-kits.html

- OS

• 6 years later...

So I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping we'll get some new replies.  I'm hoping to get some good input on this since I'm torn on the subject.  I have two old guns I'm selling and with that money I can do two things: 1) get a S&W Performance Center M&P9 optic ready or 2) buy parts to mod my Sig P320 compact, I'm thinking new frame, threaded barrel and a comp, maybe a new slide. 

I can't decide which way to go, if I get the M&P I'll have a new gun I may like a lot, and if I don't I'll still have my P320 that I do like a lot.  If I mod the Sig, what happens if I don't like it, what are the odds I don't like it.  And if I don't, then I just wasted a bunch of money and will have a box of parts.  I'm brand new to the mod game and really don't know which way to go.  Since I haven't shot any performance guns before I can't even say what the difference is between a modified P320 and a non-modified P320.  

Any thoughts or advice would be very greatly appreciated. 

I'm a big M&P fan.  If you don't plan on any after market upgrades, then PC is a good choice.  If you plan on after market upgrades, go standard 2.0, Get Apex duty or comp trigger and Apex barrel.  Very reliable and will last a long time.  If you are going to add a dot, don't waste money on hard sights.  To complicate matters,  Don't overlook Canik.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, chances R said:

I'm a big M&P fan.  If you don't plan on any after market upgrades, then PC is a good choice.  If you plan on after market upgrades, go standard 2.0, Get Apex duty or comp trigger and Apex barrel.  Very reliable and will last a long time.  If you are going to add a dot, don't waste money on hard sights.  To complicate matters,  Don't overlook Canik.

Don'e overlook Canik!!! Wise words. Canik has very good, feature packed pistols at very competative prices. Right out of the box they are fantastic. Don't ask me how I know. I'll talk your ear off!!

But...as Smith says, S&W rebates are very tempting for buyers right now. Combine that with some lower prices lately and S&W becomes very attractive. 

Disclaimer...I own or have owned all three. For me, the 320 comes in last. S&W number 2, and the Caniks are in first place. JMO.

Edited by hipower

Over the past month or so, I got the itch for a new pistol.
The biggest requirement in my mind was metal.
No more plastic fantastics.
I visited no less than a half dozen stores from Gallatin to Jackson gawking at, and fondling all the new stuff.
(Actually lost count of where all I went.)
There's a ton of options. And some very nice ones to boot.
But I never found anything that made me think "I have to have this".

I have a couple 320's that I've owned for a few years and kinda just ignored them.
Out of curiosity, I started browsing the Sig site to see if there was anything new pertaining to upgrades.
As a result, I saw the AXG. What is this!? (Yea I'm a bit out of the loop on hand guns)

Turns out, you can get all those AXG parts for your existing 320.
It wound up costing as much as a fairly nice, new handgun.
But it's metal, and it got me excited.
So it's all good ... to me. 🙂

ETA: I dunno if this helps your decision ... but it's all I got. 😀

photo_2023-02-15_07-39-43.jpg

Edited by DL126
  • 2 weeks later...