STAMP CAME IN! Mosquito/YHM Mite

Guest Halfpint

Guest Halfpint

Finally got a day off, so Tink and I headed up to Hero Gear to pick up my can. It's a YHM Mite, mounted on a Sig Mosquito at the moment. I've also got a Ruger 10/22 waiting for it at the house.

ChanceGuns007.jpg

ChanceGuns009.jpg

Had to pick up a couple of other things, and Tink tends to steal my U of M cover, so I'm rocking a TGO cover for a while.

. . . I'm reminded of something Joe said a while back, "Dude I'm going to have you SO broke!" Well, Joe and I got the ball rolling on an SBR lower and an 870 SBS, so that's entirely a possibility!

Thanks, Joe! :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

How did you go there? Up to Nashville then down too, or out out through C'ville straight east or what? How long?

Can I afford to know these things?

Nice!

How did you go there? Up to Nashville then down too, or out out through C'ville straight east or what? How long?

Just an FYI, my parents live just outside of Winchester so I head that way often. The absolute fastest way is to take 64 straight across the state - it's consistently about 15 minutes faster than 40-440-24 and a FAR more interesting drive...

Guest Halfpint

To keep things interesting, we took 64 all the way up, then came back 24-440-40. Think that's how we're going to do it from now on, provided it's nice out. It's going to be an even nicer drive once it warms up a little and I get the Mustang back from my cousin in Dallas. :) Depending on speed traps, traffic, etc, you could make it either way in around 4 hours, give or take a bit.

Jason, I'll be heading back up there in a couple months when my other two stamps come in, remind me and I can pick up a couple of caps then.

Mailed everything out the first week of October, stamp came back on the 17th. I had an issue, didn't include my SSN on the finger print cards so that added a week or so maybe. Right around 8-9 weeks including government time off for the holidays . . . not too bad, I think.

I'm taking it out this weekend, officially. IF I get away to shoot it before then, I'll post a report ASAP. Can't wait!

I'm taking it out this weekend, officially. IF I get away to shoot it before then, I'll post a report ASAP. Can't wait!

Not that I would advocate doing this, but you can shoot .22 suppressed indoors at phone books all day long. Just start with a few taped together and after a while you figure out what your penetration depth is.

Guest VolDaddy

Nice Can, Im waiting for my SBR paperwork, so I can go see Joe also. Mailed everything off Nov 5th. Check cashed the Nov 12th. Assigned Dec 22nd. Im guessing it will be theend of January. Thanks fot the drive info. I will have the take the interstate from here. Gonna pick up one of the hats also, and assorted parts.

Guest Halfpint

Unofficially, I've already given it the "backyard" and "phonebook" tests. I actually had a guy walk up and ask why I would be shooting a pellet pistol into the ground like that... Told him it wasn't working, I was trying to fix it, and he seemed satisfied. :popcorn:

I guess the pile of empty .22 brass and the piece of 1" pipe hanging off the end of my pistol wasn't much of a giveaway. :tinfoil:

Anyway, I wound up trading a Colt upper (sans guts) for the can and some other stuff, so I actually don't remember exactly what I gave for it. I want to say $200, though.

Going to head to the house when I get off, clean it, and head to a buddy's in the country to stick it on the 10/22 and test it out . . . got a bunch of sub-sonic ammo laying around, and I finally have a reason to burn it up.

Range report on that one, tomorrow morning. :D

Guest Halfpint

10/22 test results: :D:devil:;):rock::love::D:)

-It was basically a thump and the clatter of empty brass on pavement. I'd swear the slap of the bullet into the target was louder. Haven't shot with standard/high velocity ammo, just sub-sonic at this point.

Subsonic ammo: YES! Mixed mag of Remington 38 grain HP subsonic and Aguila 38 grain subsonic (LRN or lead HP, not sure, didn't check before the phone book, and after fishing them out it was hard to tell . . . ). Stocking up for sure.

Shooting it: This Saturday? Next range meet-and-greet? Any time is good with me, y'all. Oh, and Ted, PM me your number, I forgot to get it that day at the range.

As far as getting barrels threaded, I'm trying to decide between one of my Winchester 67's (shoots 22 Short as well :D) or an old Stevens/Springfield 15A. Either way, a bolt gun with the can on it will be even quieter, I think. :devil:

I am having my Savage Mark II threaded right now for my Mite. I am looking to see how quite I can get it. The bolt dropping should be louder than the shoot itself, I hope.

Now every time I look at a .22 my first question is "Does it come in a threaded barrel?".

10/22 test results: :D:devil::D:rock::love::whistle::angel:

-It was basically a thump and the clatter of empty brass on pavement. I'd swear the slap of the bullet into the target was louder. Haven't shot with standard/high velocity ammo, just sub-sonic at this point.

Subsonic ammo: YES! Mixed mag of Remington 38 grain HP subsonic and Aguila 38 grain subsonic (LRN or lead HP, not sure, didn't check before the phone book, and after fishing them out it was hard to tell . . . ). Stocking up for sure.

Very nice!

Did you buy a 10/22 threaded barrel or have the existing one threaded?