FEB 26 Knoxville Training Group!

The next meeting of the Knoxville TN SUAREZ INT training group will be held on Sunday Feb 26 

We will be covering pistol skills , shotgun skills and then we will shoot the FBI pistol qualification, the Air Marshal pistol qualification and the FBI shotgun qualification...and a few other surprise drills as well. 

Date: Sunday Feb 26 

Time: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Subject: Qualifications and Standards....where do you stack up right now ?

Price : $60 pay at class (cash or check)

Equipment needed : Pistol and 3 magazines (or 3 speed loaders if you use a revolver) and 150 rounds of pistol ammo, Shotgun and 20 rounds of slugs, 10 rounds of Buckshot

• Like 2

Thank you Randy for providing this opportunity!

This is an incredible value.

imho, having standards, whether an agency’s or your own, is the only sensible and realistic way we can gauge or measure our progress…and these “quals” are fun and a challenge to shoot as well!

I’m looking forward to this. Hope to see some fellow TGOer’s as well.

And Thank you GTG for hosting this session.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share what I learned during this skills evaluation class.

I can shoot just accurately enough to qualify for the FBI and/or Federal Air Marshal.

Many people could shoot just accurately enough to qualify, given my leisurely times in lieu of the official qualifying times.

My triple retention cover garments did slow me down. I was triple layered; everyday untucked/unbuttoned cover shirt, (un) zippered hoodie, medium weight cotton twill field jacket.

Normally, the hoodie is excluded and I am reasonably well practiced sweeping back 1 - 2 garments. Adding the extra layer caused me to partially sweep the shirt and not getting a smooth draw. 

Once the pistol was clear, I noticed an outward movement of my arms to clear the bulkiness of all three layers of clothing. Not smooth, not fast.

Had never thought about it since I've never been timed when shooting bulked up. Gives me something to think about as I do occasionally wear triple retention cover garments when away from the castle. 

Would my times had been good enough with a single cover garment? No. I've got lots of room to improve.

Shot my CZ SDP for the FBI drill. This was a replacement for my 75. I  like CZs and thought it would be the perfect replacement for the 75. The SDP is a great pistol - CZ Custom put out a nice product, thousands of trouble free rounds, got a cool NSN, slightly smaller and lighter. Been my primary carry for the last 2 years.

Then I shot my old stock 75B Omega for the Air Marshal. I carried this pistol for 2ish years in a N82 Tactical. Hadn't worked this pistol or even shot it in over 2 years. I fell back in love.

I am seriously considering carrying it again. After a trip to Cajun Gun Works.

Simply like it better.

I did Mexican carry my extra mags for the drills. Probably not OSHA approved, but I forgot mag pouch.

Test fired my M1 Carbine, it's finally alive. One more mod on the optics mount and I may try a short-range rifle class.

Opted out of the shotgun drill.

Good conversation had by all.

• Like 3