Super Bowl!!!!

bersaguy

1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

My wife is a fan of gaga. She had been reading online that she planned to make some anti-Trump speech, to which she was going to be very disappointed. So kudos to gaga for not going there... or maybe it's kudos to the people that told her not to:D

Quite the opposite, opened show with God Bless America/This Land is Your Land, "flies" down to earth,  then wildly staged medley of her megahits.

- OS

21 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I didn't watch the game but It sounds like the Pats channeled their inner Aaron Hernandez for the second half, eh?

Well, the South did pretty good the first half of the War of Northern Aggression too.

- OS

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I went an found the video. She was great.

She did do an excellent half time show, very impressive, even better she kept the political statements very subtle and inoffensive. My opinion of her has really improved over the last couple of years and her Super Bowl performance showcased her talents. It's just too bad the Falcon's ran out of gas in the end.

21 hours ago, peejman said:

Cool, I'd like to take a class like that too. 

20 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I would love to get back to smithing. I took  one day with a smith and was working on a forge. Things have gotten in the way though.

Are you taking a group class? I had a hard time up here even finding a smith that would teach. They do have a local meet up once a month.

Yes it was a group class taught by a blacksmith at his farm in the Dickson County area. We went over some terminology and tools then were shown some techniques. Everyone made a simple wall hook and learned a lot in the process. I'm going back for an introductory knife making class and will probably take his Intermediate and advanced classes. Theses aren't difficult classes as they only show you enough to get off to a good start and understand what's happening in videos and informational books. Anyone interested shoot me a PM and I'll provide a link. Otherwise google blacksmithing classes in TN or the state you live in. This is a perfect husband and wife, father and son or daughter experience too by the way so do give it a try.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

To those praising the apolitical nature of Lady Gaga's halftime performance, I wouldn't be so quick to come to that conclusion. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/02/06/if-you-thought-lady-gagas-halftime-show-was-apolitical-consider-the-origin-of-this-land-is-your-land/?tid=sm_fb

Edited by Chucktshoes
14 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

To those praising the apolitical nature of Lady Gaga's halftime performance, I wouldn't be so quick to come to that conclusion. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/02/06/if-you-thought-lady-gagas-halftime-show-was-apolitical-consider-the-origin-of-this-land-is-your-land/?tid=sm_fb

She conveyed her message but kept it at a palatable level. Woody Guthrie's protest song, an out take of the Pledge of Allegiance and some of her own music out takes. I can deal with that because it was part of who she is and she didn't show her ass rubbing it in everyone's face. That's a good link you posted and I'd read it earlier.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Unbelievable game outcome, btw. Too unbelievable, I think it was rigged. ;)

- OS

Agreed! I kept checking the score online, but didn't watch until about midway thru the 4th qtr.  I read stuff online like "this game is over"...."no team has overcome this large of a deficit"... "no QB has won 5 Superbowls."  I thought to myself, "here comes Brady to make history" and wow...what a shocker... :rolleyes:  This is like the Cubs coming back from 3 games down. :squint:

10 minutes ago, NextExit said:

Agreed! I kept checking the score online, but didn't watch until about midway thru the 4th qtr.  I read stuff online like "this game is over"...."no team has overcome this large of a deficit"... "no QB has won 5 Superbowls."  I thought to myself, "here comes Brady to make history" and wow...what a shocker... :rolleyes:  This is like the Cubs coming back from 3 games down. :squint:

I am of the belief the NFL has become the modern day WWE, lmao

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Oh, good grief!!!

55 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

And I can't burst into a rousing chorus of "My Country 'Tis of Thee" without ripping off the British national anthem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Country,_'Tis_of_Thee

Edited by gun sane
46 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Oh, good grief!!!

Believe it or not there's actually people hating on her for not making a more public display of protest and staying true to the protesters cause. After last years half time show I thought this one was not only a better show but had more of an I love my country motif to it.