Time for the Ark?

VERO1

Not sayin its raining a lot but, I just passed a bunch of animals lined up 2x2. Dumped 1.5" of rain out of the gauge since this morning in Jefferson County. Sucks to deliver mail in this kind of weather!

Anybody have any flooding problems?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Nothing major, just don't drive in the far right lanes....leaves that are not picked up, stopped up storm drains, and saturated ground makes a bad combo.....course if you are delivering mail......sucks for you! Well at least you are not driving fast!

Guest Astra900
My rain gauge has IT'S rain gauge out.:2cents:

Time to strap the pontoons on the RAM to get home.

Mind the curve at the bottom of the hill, I ain't sure but I think they had a wreck there earlier:up:

Guest MidTNShooter

Man, who turned on the hose ?!! The rain tagging my bald head sounds like rain on a old tin roof (ping,ping). I hear we might get a little ice/snow this weekend?

I love it.I think I will finish the book I have been reading-One Rainy Night by Richard Laymon.It is about people who go into a killing rage when a black rain falls on them.Think I'll go out on the patio to do it.:popcorn:

Guest SUNTZU

The street that intersects with mine has fire trucks and police cars with their lights on preventing the crackheads with cars from getting to their dealers in my hood, uh, yo. I'm thinking about kayaking to McDonald's for dinner.

Guest GUTTERbOY

Not too bad here yet. We did have a fair amount of flooding a couple weeks back though... in fact, the road I live off of was underwater, and I had to take an alternate route home. So far tonight, its still out in the open... that might change by morning though.

Guest bigsack

good lord that's alota water! after work i had to run up to brainerd to pay a bill. on the way back on surface streets, i crossed no less than places with standing water some of it pretty deep imo. im talking up to the doors in my 4wd tacoma. and then i get the call from dad that his shop is leaking and i gotta go clean out the gutters. oh lord, is it that gutters alway stop up and leak when its raining? i mean come on whats up with that?

Guest abailey362
Drove up US 11 from Cleveland this evening - lots of new lake front property!

i tried driving down 11 between cleveland and ooltewah tonight and it was closed.....right at priceg and skip's shop....maybe it dind't flood too bad

Is it raining?

Actually I decided to take a few pics on my way out to eat tonight.

First one is the view from the back yard!

Flood-Handbook_img_3.gif

So,after seeing that,I decided I better suit up to head to the car!

Scuba_Diving_Corals.jpg

Then my dog started barking! Him was scared him would drown,so I decided to take him along! :death:

scuba-diving-baby-dog.jpg

Once I got to the truck,I decided that with all the water that it would just be easier to travel horse back!

scuba_diving_horse.jpg

Then finally I got to the restaurant to eat!

underwater20dinner.jpg

Edited by strickj
Guest GUTTERbOY

Well, my road didn't quite flood out... but when I drove through the low-lying stretch this morning, the water level was maybe six inches below the blacktop. In other news, the river is expected to crest about five feet above flood stage tomorrow. I happened by a boat ramp in the Lupton City area this afternoon, and basically the whole damn ramp was underwater. The steps leading down to the dock actually led underwater.

;)