Any Airgunner's here?......My new PCP airgun addiction.

plinker4life

Any of you guys shooting PCP airguns?  I finally bit the bullet and jumped head first into PCP airgun's  and really like the results so far.

The good is quality ammo is cheap and available. The guns are very Quiet and powerful.  

The not so good so far is expensive set up.And hand pumping, but will be saving up for a bulk tank in the near future.

Current setup is a .22 FX Streamline w/ATHLON ARGOS  8-34x56  FFP.

P.S.may have Graycrait hooked also after a short plinking session today.

FullSizeRender_zpszdtdaw65.jpg

And my first love a Air Arms S200

FullSizeRender_zpsyusfszqa.jpg

Edited by plinker4life
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, plinker4life said:

Any of you guys shooting PCP airguns?  I finally bit the bullet and jumped head first into PCP airgun's  and really like the results so far.

The good is quality ammo is cheap and available. The guns are very Quiet and powerful.  

The not so good so far is expensive set up.And hand pumping, but will be saving up for a bulk tank in the near future.

Current setup is a .22 FX Streamline w/ATHLON ARGOS  8-34x56  FFP.

P.S.may have Graycrait hooked also after a short plinking session today.

FullSizeRender_zpszdtdaw65.jpg

And my first love a Air Arms S200

FullSizeRender_zpsyusfszqa.jpg

Sweet !

After shooting Plinker4life's very very very very quiet, switchable multi or single shot air rifles I might be talked into in not shooting .22LR for a very long time.  

Likely the most anticipated air rifle of all time is coming in May:  https://www.umarexusa.com/blogs/airgun-news/umarex-gauntlet-sets-the-new-standard-in-pcp-air-rifle-performance

299.99 for the rifle, then buy a knockoff ebay handpump for about 100.00 or less...my neighbors may never know what happened to all the squirrels...

However, Plinker4life's air rifles are top tier rifles, Air Arms and FX with great triggers, accurate as ....., and did I mention quiet....?  These things are killing machines for small varmints, so much quieter than a suppressed .22.  You can get a shrouded and threaded rifle so you can put an air rifle moderator on them as well, making them even quieter. You can get a good legal to buy online carbon fiber moderator for 35.00.

• Like 1

I have a Hatsan AT44S Long QE 9 Shot – .25 Cal that I can hit a 50 cent piece with at 35 yards!  It should to be able to kill Coyotes, Rabbits, Racoon, etc.  There are numerous YouTube videos of others hunting with them.  The external air tank at 4500psi was expensive, but a must if you plan to use the gun to hunt.  You get about 18 shots before you really need to recharge the tank on the gun.

"https://www.airgunproshop.com/shop/refurbished-hatsan-at44s-long-qe-9-shot-25-cal/"

Here's a link to a site if you want one too!

• Like 1

A pair of low serial number Avanti XS40 Valiants I'm still hanging on to from my kids 3P shooting days and a Crossman 2009 Challenger, no picture of it.  I have an indoor 10 meter range set up and we'll get into some friendly competitions on occasions when the weather outside is less than inviting.589b6aa2b13f9_AvantiXS40Valiant.thumb.jpg.0ba1136a794b0c1d273d832ff2dced83.jpg

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 1

I have succumbed to the siren call of quiet PCP air gunning. I am trading my 200yrd .22lr Cracker Gun (10/22) for Plinker4life's AA S200.  Why?  Quiet, effective varmint control in suburbia, accurate as heck, made by CZ (I actually can't remember how many CZ .22s I have owned), light weight so can carry on a legit squirrel hunt, has custom moderator (very very very quiet), target trigger that allows me to one-hole this thing at 30 yrds off a bag, can shoot it in my backyard all day long, multi shot, .177 has less collateral damage potential, easy to pump up with hand pump. 

• Like 3
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:42 AM, frankmako said:

i shoot a cmp daisy m853 rebuid rifle.  the cmp air guns are some of the best priced air gun on the market.  

I have one of the CMP Daisy rifles also.

I like it so much that I purchased a Daisy 747 pistol to go along with it.  

8 hours ago, TrickyNicky said:

Whats the steering wheel on the scope do? Elevation? Paralax?

Some call it a Thumb Wheel and others a Side Wheel and it does adjust Paralax.  Ideally it enables you to fine tune adjust with your thumb while looking through the scope.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I am only into Plinking in basement with CO2 BB Pistol, Pump Up (10 pump) BB / Pellet Rifle, Break Barrel Pistol (18 inch), and Break Barrel Rifle. I just posted details on another topic, so will not repeat here.  

Thought I would add a couple related web sites in case any interest. 

http://hardairmagazine.com/

http://www.pyramydair.com/?utm_source=americanairgunner&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=2015-q3-one-stop-shop-300x250

http://www.americanairgunner.com/

On 2/10/2017 at 7:16 AM, MP5_Rizzo said:

Some call it a Thumb Wheel and others a Side Wheel and it does adjust Paralax.  Ideally it enables you to fine tune adjust with your thumb while looking through the scope.

Yes, when it is in focus you are on the dime.....simply dial in at around 30 feet. Look anywhere else and turn wheel till focused. When clear, pull trigger, on the spot.

Edited by Fourtyfive

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.... don't tell the squirrels.  Left: Chinese made CO2 moderated .22cal modified by Plinker4life and right customized by Plinker4life moderated Air Arms/CZ200 PCP .177 rifle.  The CO2 is so quiet and fun to shoot at 20yrds and in, while the PCP can reach out a bit further and is slightly louder, but both "giggly" quiet.  Hard to believe how much money I spent on .22lr long guns over the years when these are probably more fun to tinker with and shooting them is a blast. I see a 100yrd pellet rifle in my future.

craigair1_zpsy64znbee.jpg

• Like 2

I've got a Crossman Vantage NP. It's not nearly as fancy as some here, but it works for me. I've never put optics on it as my primary reason for getting it was so I could practice with irons at home.

I plink with my boys in the back yard.  They're learning to shoot their BB guns pretty well. 

It's easily coke can accurate off hand at 20 yds. The trigger leaves something to be desired, but I figure that's not really a bad thing as it make all my other rifles seem that much better. 

If I were just getting started in PCP guns and I lived in the woods I would go for a a "small" volume gun using a hand pump.  The CZ200 or Air Arms 200 is just such a rifle and will not kill you to pump it up but even so is not without some effort. If you have access to a paint ball or scuba outfit that will fill your certified tank then you are made in the shade!   

I went with an SSP (single stroke pneumatic) so I didn't have to worry about having extra air with me.  Mine is designed for 10m shooting, so it depends what you want to do with it as well.   I bought it to play with in my basement.  I have suppressors if I need to shoot anything outdoors close to the house.

I just bought this FWB 601.  It is in the process of getting a stock refinish to a darker stain as I am not into the light stocks.

i-C3f4PzV-600x380.jpg

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2