Idiot of the year goes to these guys (and it's only February)

Sam1

The got what they wanted. Now its time to pay up.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/02/06/two-masked-and-armed-men-walk-into-dearborn-pd-to-prove-open-carry-point/

Even from Bearing Arms...

Let’s be very clear: these are not gun rights activists. These are two men who hate law enforcement who use “open carry” to show their disdain for police, just as we’ve seen from several other open carry activists in Michigan and Texas. None of these men seem to really care about the right to bear arms, but instead are attempting to use the right to bear arms as a shield to torment and terrorize both their fellow citizens and law enforcement officers, which always seem to be the real targets of their ire.

These are the kind of radicals that gun control supporters love, and real gun rights supporters—including sincere open cary activists—loathe.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/02/06/idiot-wearing-ski-mask-carries-ak-police-station-chaos-ensues/

Those are the kind of guys that will start shooting people. They need a mental evaluation; they earned it.

Edited by DaveTN

These idiots are lucky they weren't shot. I'm so sick of these open carry clowns trying to make a point by carrying out allegedly legal actions just to prove a point. All they are doing is instigating and testing limits to get attention instead of peacefully open carrying. People like this are some of the 2A's worst enemies as they make all gun owners look bad when this crap hits the news.

Morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

With the way the world is on edge about attacks They are very lucky someone including the police didn't open up on them both. I hope they are both charged with a Felony and loose their 2nd Amendment priviledges because they have proven the are not mentally stable enough to own a gun..................JMHO

• Like 3

That the two individuals in question pulled an idiotic stunt seems to be a universal opinion. I agree that both are fortunate not to have been shot and suspect this is going to be a very expensive object lesson for them. Interestingly the younger of the two was outside of the police station mentioned filming it and news reporters filming their news story of the incident. Totally absurd. Now does anyone know what the heck an AP-14 is? I'm guessing it's some type of AK clone or something.

21 minutes ago, TNWNGR said:

Now does anyone know what the heck an AP-14 is? I'm guessing it's some type of AK clone or something.

As far as I can find, it does not exist. I think the reporter could not read his/her handwriting and it was supposed to be AR-15. Or maybe the Associated Press designed a super secret rifle

OK, these 2 are well known 2A activists in Detroit. What they did was not illegal, unlike here in TN where it is illegal to carry a firearm into a police station. The masks are the very masks the police and military wear in cold weather, still not illegal nor are the vests. While a lot of you on here may disagree with the method, they were lawfully conducting legitimate business as they went there to file a complaint. I don't fully condone their actions and methods either but they did NOTHING ILLEGAL nor did they verbally threaten anyone.  The weapon was laying across his mid section and not in his hands so that did not convey an immediate threat and the pistol was holstered on his hip. This conveys that the people have an inalienable right to bear arms and that the police do not have a monopoly on rights. Its not up to them who exercises a right. 2A rights will not be championed by hiding our side arms under our shirts, rather that we should show others that good people carry firearms too........openly AND concealed.

Edited by ken56

100% disagree with you Ken.

Just because it is legal, doesn't mean you should do it.  You're at work, two guys walk in wearing black balaclavas (they were), wearing body armor (they were) with go pro mounted and another one videoing (they were), wearing a side arm (they were) and carrying a loaded rifle at the ready position on their front (they were), and you would just sit there and mind them no attention? I can assure you there are very few places those guys would not have been shot, they're lucky they found one of those places.

What happens when someone barges into a restaurant wielding a machete in their hand and you're sitting nearby with your family at the table.  I'd bet the cost of that meal that you wouldn't just sit there and continue eating, you're going to protect your family.  Even though it's legal to walk around with a machete in your hand.  Those officers are doing what we would do, protecting themselves and their family.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 5

I did say I didn't fully agree with the method used. No weapon was in hand of either man unlike a machete in hand and a restaurant is not a police station that has every officer in there armed unlike restaurant patrons. Totally different. What was not told was the 2 gentleman called the precinct and told them they were coming in and informed them they were carrying . They knew before hand. There was no intention or attempt to scare anyone. Looked like they walked into the precinct pretty calmly to me.

1 minute ago, ken56 said:

What was not told was the 2 gentleman called the precinct and told them they were coming in and informed them they were carrying . They knew before hand.

Do you have some proof of that?

Doesn't matter much as they would have received the same welcome regardless, and deservedly so.

Read a news story posted on Mlive.com. I am link illiterate. I am formerly from MI and was active in the open carry movement there and I still keep in touch with old friends........You know....... guys that know other guys who know the 2 who did this.

5 minutes ago, ken56 said:

Read a news story posted on Mlive.com. I am link illiterate. I am formerly from MI and was active in the open carry movement there and I still keep in touch with old friends........You know....... guys that know other guys who know the 2 who did this.

That's kinda what I thought.  ;)

Carry on and fight the good fight.  Don't be surprised when jack-asses like that get put down.

You can't make this stuff up...

Stupid is as stupid does and no amount of rationalization can justify what these two did.  It was obviously done with the intention of eliciting the exact response that they got by this antagonistic action.  These two were one wrong move from being justifiably dead.  It would not have mattered if they planned to shoot, if they had reached for the sidearm or raised the muzzle of a rifle it would only have mattered that the officers believed they were going to.

Stupid is epidemic in our society.

1 hour ago, ken56 said:

OK, these 2 are well known 2A activists in Detroit. What they did was not illegal, unlike here in TN where it is illegal to carry a firearm into a police station. The masks are the very masks the police and military wear in cold weather, still not illegal nor are the vests. While a lot of you on here may disagree with the method, they were lawfully conducting legitimate business as they went there to file a complaint. I don't fully condone their actions and methods either but they did NOTHING ILLEGAL nor did they verbally threaten anyone.  The weapon was laying across his mid section and not in his hands so that did not convey an immediate threat and the pistol was holstered on his hip. This conveys that the people have an inalienable right to bear arms and that the police do not have a monopoly on rights. Its not up to them who exercises a right. 2A rights will not be championed by hiding our side arms under our shirts, rather that we should show others that good people carry firearms too........openly AND concealed.

These weren’t guys conducting business; they had ill intent. However, the cops didn’t know what their intent was and acted appropriately. I have said here many times before I don’t support the Police wearing masks and suppressed uniforms. I have been on a lot of raids and never found the need to wear a mask. However, that has no impact on what these clowns did.

Had I seen that I would have alerted everyone and headed to the armory for a rifle. No carried weapon is an immediate threat; until it is. You can’t ask a cop or a citizen to wait until a gun is pointed AT THEM to react; that’s ridiculous and goes against the way everyone is trained; cops, military and citizens.

In a time when cops are under attack and active shooters on the rise; this was nothing less than reckless. We don’t need these kinds of people even pretending to represent us. They don’t represent me.

This absolutely will not help any carry laws; it will cause more restrictions.

• Like 1