Conway...

Fourtyfive

What is the deal? I voted for Trump, I even contributed $6.00. :eek:

I still get daily emails to buy shot glasses, hats, pins, badges, you name it they are selling it. Never before has this happened that I'm aware of.

How did Conway get the press she does when most of the things she says are lies or stupid? 

I realize she was the campaign leader. WTF ?

• Admin Team

You can probably bet that when this crew starts tossing baggage overboard, she'll be at the top of the list...

Sometimes there's a logic to telling outright lies.  It's a test to see who goes along and who cries foul.  You make a list and know who'll play ball when you really start implementing your plans.

• Like 3

Kellyanne is probably getting a bit tired of her new job.  It was one thing to work a campaign where you could count on the other side making mistakes and having to play defense over their myriad email scandals to ease the pressure on, but this is her taking the full brunt of having to be the face and answer for all things Trump, and it's not going to stop.  

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if her gaffes/misspeaks are her way of trying to push the limits and get fired.  She's already said a few times that her biggest priority is being around home for her kids given their ages, and I'm sure the working hours aren't as friendly as she might like for that.  Also, for a campaign/pollster expert, December until about June about as close to an off-season as they have, so she's not getting any of the break she was accustomed to.  Plus, she gave up who knows how much money to take a .gov salary of $179,700/yr.   

1 hour ago, btq96r said:

Kellyanne is probably getting a bit tired of her new job.  It was one thing to work a campaign where you could count on the other side making mistakes and having to play defense over their myriad email scandals to ease the pressure on, but this is her taking the full brunt of having to be the face and answer for all things Trump, and it's not going to stop.  

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if her gaffes/misspeaks are her way of trying to push the limits and get fired.  She's already said a few times that her biggest priority is being around home for her kids given their ages, and I'm sure the working hours aren't as friendly as she might like for that.  Also, for a campaign/pollster expert, December until about June about as close to an off-season as they have, so she's not getting any of the break she was accustomed to.  Plus, she gave up who knows how much money to take a .gov salary of $179,700/yr.   

She mopped the damn sidewalk with the Clinton Machine/Democrat Party on 25% of the budget, and y'all are talking like she is a complete dumbass. I'm thinking they will all get used to being under fire, and stop making so many mistakes. Fact is though, I know she's gonna be there for the duration with all the predictions here of her demise :)  

• Like 1
Just now, mikegideon said:

She mopped the damn sidewalk with the Clinton Machine/Democrat Party on 25% of the budget, and y'all are talking like she is a complete dumbass.

I would never insinuate she's a dumbass...that's why I think all these gaffes she's had in such a short timespan could be deliberate.  These kinds of mistakes aren't anywhere near her competence level, which I actually think is through the roof.

That gal did a job with the way she kept Trump above water to survive until the end of the campaign.  Even Bill Maher got nervous when she became his campaign manager since he knew how skilled she was.

1 minute ago, btq96r said:

I would never insinuate she's a dumbass...that's why I think all these gaffes she's had in such a short timespan could be deliberate.  These kinds of mistakes aren't anywhere near her competence level, which I actually think is through the roof.

That gal did a job with the way she kept Trump above water to survive until the end of the campaign.  Even Bill Maher got nervous when she became his campaign manager since he knew how skilled she was.

I don't think so. I think they are just distracted. Donald has stepped on his dick a couple time too. I'm counting on them getting their sea legs.

1 minute ago, mikegideon said:

I don't think so. I think they are just distracted. Donald has stepped on his dick a couple time too. I'm counting on them getting their sea legs.

I think the majority of the problem is the pirate ship mentality of organization where there are sections that are in conflict. 

In theory, Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff should be controlling the nuts and bolts of everything, with a strong Communications Director to craft and guide the messaging through a Press Secretary who is the primary conduit for the message.  The Trump White House has nothing approaching a level of organization from what I can tell.

Between Priebus, Bannon, Kellyanne, and Vice President Pence, I have no idea who's in charge of what.  Spicer pulling double duty as Communications Director and Press Secretary isn't working, and not for nothing, the last time any White House sort of even tried dual hatting those positions was with George Stephanopoulos getting in front of what Dee Dee Myers was doing, and that was a bad idea.

This isn't a lack of sea legs, it's a lack of organizational discipline and delineated roles.  Every White House has some bumps in the transition from campaigning to administrating, but the current gang doesn't look halfway thought out.

After eight years of Obama running guns to Mexico and who knows where else, plus Hillary prostituting her State office and selling uranium to Russia,  we're supposed to doggedly shame Kellyanne with bipartisan ethics charges for plugging Ivanka's products?  Hell's bells, I don't care if Trump sets up a lemonade stand on the White House lawn!  This political swamp is going to need a bigger drain.  

• Like 2

No problem here with Kellyanne.  Once everything is fixed, and we have nothing else to do, maybe then I will pay attention.  Goofball or not, its a welcome relief over what we had.  I think she is nothing more than a puppet for President T anyway saying and doing what he wants her to do.  I think at times she is the intended bait for the media.  A distraction.  We have bigger issues to worry about than Ms. Kellyanne!