Springfield Doing Mag Swag Thang Again ...

Oh Shoot

1 hour ago, jhc77 said:

The XDS 4" 9mm has always looked good to me. Might have to start digging up some prices. 

I was getting ready to go buy a Glock 43 but going to take a second look at a Springfield XDS 3.3" 9mm now. A few ounces heavier but comes with better sights and get the extra mags for the same price as I can get a G43 blue label.

I will say the XD trigger is leaps and bounds smoother than a Glock trigger. 

The grip safety doesn't bother me but I like 1911's and am accustomed to a firm grip. 

Definately a good deal with the costs of their mags. Thanks for the heads up!

I never really understood that.  Either your hand is on the grip or not.  If it's not then how are you going to fire it or any other handgun?

No idea. I heard something about getting debris in there but who knows. The grip safety doesn't bother me. 

No idea. I heard something about getting debris in there but who knows. The grip safety doesn't bother me. 

Grip safety was a selling point for me when I first started carrying IWB. Don't want a manual safety on a carry gun, but liked the extra bit of margin with the grip safety just for reholstering and whatnot.

Unlike some 1911s, the XD's is under such low tension that holding with as light a pressure as possible to still be able to effectively fire it engages the safety. Of course, you can always come up with some wild "tactical" scenario I suppose where it wouldn't work, like needing to fire upside down with only two fingers or whatever. :)

Far as debris preventing engagement, well, anything is possible, but would think the odds are near astronomical.

Best I remember, they were doing a mag rebate at that time also, which was another plus for going with the XD Subcompact at the time. You can seldom if ever get a new XD mag for less than about 25 clams.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1