Another company with worthless Customer Support [GoPro]

DaveTN

It’s ridiculous that this is getting to be the norm.

I noticed that the faceplate on my Hero 4 Silver was broken. After checking it appears this is a common issue.

Mine has only been used a few times and I keep it in the waterproof case to protect the camera when I’m not using it that is stored in a camera case.

No big deal I figured I would email GoPro and they would send me a new face plate or offer me one at cost. Well I get an email from them asking for a picture, serial number, how long I had it, how much I use it, etc. They wanted that information emailed and also had a link to go on-line and put in my contact information. Okay, sounds like a hassle, but I’ll play along.

Then I get the email posted below from them. I had to laugh out loud. I didn’t want the camera replaced. I wanted a new faceplate. How much can a tiny faceplate cost… $2, $5?

Then at first I thought they were offering me a 20% or 40% discount on a new camera, which was bad enough. But oh no, they also wanted my camera. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

What a bunch of losers. No more GoPro stuff for me.

Hi Dave,  

Thanks for the reply and providing the requested information.  Unfortunately we are unable to replace your camera as it is no longer under warranty.  
However, with that being said, we absolutely want to help out as best as we can.  

We know these situations can be difficult and frustrating, the cracked face plate will also not affect the performance of the camera so we would like to offer a 40% discount towards the purchase of one new camera from our web store if you wish to proceed.  This one-time exception can be applied to the purchase of a HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session camera; should you wish to purchase the HERO Session camera a 20% discount can be provided.    

In order to take advantage of the discount, we’ll need you to please send your damaged camera back to our facility. Once it is received, we’ll let you know so you can give us a call to place your discounted order over the phone.

Should you like to take us up on this offer, please let me know by replying directly to this email and I can get the process started. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have and I will be more than happy to continue helping. 

Many Thanks,

Jimmy B.
GoPro Support

1 hour ago, Gotthegoods said:

Dear Dave,

Our company policy prohibits us from selling face plates as replacement by non authorized technicians will void the factory warranty.

We are happy to assist you with a new unit for an amazing one time offer of 40% off MSRP. PLUS YOUR CAMERA THAT WORKS.

All the best,

Jimmy B1

FTFY biggrin.gif

Jimmy B replied today with 

Hi Dave, 

I would truly like to apologize for the delayed response.  We’ve been experiencing a higher than normal contact volume lately, and we’re doing our best to answer everyone as quickly as possible.  We really appreciate your patience. 

Regarding your question on how much is the face plate?  I'm sorry to say but GoPro do not sell the face plate part.  This is the reason why I offer the replacement option. 

I'm sorry for the hassle.  Please let me know how do you wish to proceed. 

Many Thanks,

Jimmy B.

GoPro Support

• Moderators

Incompetent and uncaring. Sorry.

Reminds me of my experience with Trijicon.

https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/56643-glocks-trijcons/?do=findComment&comment=1127014

The exact reason I haven't bought anything from them since and switched to Tru-Glo for my Glock. I plan on not buying any of their products again even though I like the ACOG.

Compare that to Camelbak, Surefire, Spec-Ops Brand, etc that send out parts for free with hardly any of any proof of purchase.

WileyX routinely replaces my glasses completely for like $10. That's pretty decent as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk