Show me your FAST cars and trucks!

JohnC

On 2/16/2017 at 7:13 PM, peejman said:

Cool car, what mods did he make? Mostly I'm curious if he upgraded the differential. 

In my automotive days, I worked on development of the CTS-V. I got to go for a ride in a prototype "super CTS-V" that had the blown LS from the Z06 the they said they'd boosted up near 600 hp. Problem was, they couldnt get the diff to live very long and the bosses wouldn't buy off on a caddy with more power than the vette, so it never saw the light of day.  It was a fun ride though. :) 

I'll just quote his mods:

No, that is complete exhaust.  1 7/8" headers,  3" x-pipe with gutted cats and stock mufflers.  It's louder in the video than in person.  It's still really quiet in the car with the windows up.

Also, in the video it was idling at about 650 rpm.  It probably won't be that low after tuning.  With it that low, the vacuum brakes were affected a little.  But even at 1000rpm it's still very noticeable.  I like it.

It made 12 lbs. as is with the cold weather yesterday.  It made 9-10 stock.  I should be able to beat on it hard without having to worry about heat.  That's one of the benefits of the ported heads.

GMPP CNC LS3 heads (because he tried to port the stockers and cut in to the ports)

GM head bolts

LS9 MLS gaskets

New lifters

New coils, plugs and LS9 plug wires.

160 thermostat

airaid with green filter
Weld big and little's with drag radials
c&r heat exchanger

varimax intercooler pump

LT1Z 2.5 cam kit with BTR springs, C5R Timing chain, new oil pump etc.
Lingenfelter 2.5 upper pulley

ATI balancer with 8.6 Lower 
ID850 injectors
ARH 1 7/8" headers with catted x-pipe

Throttle body (no size or brand listed)

All royal purple fluids

Weld RXT big and little's with drag radials

Dyno tuned

• Like 1

My junk is officially slow.... for now.

Sunday I ran the 1/8 mile. best I could muster with traction control on was 8.80@82.55. Car has a Vararam intake and Corsa catback. No tune. Data log shows the CAI is screwing with the MAF and making the car run rich. So I have work to do...

2010_SS_Timeslip.jpg.979bcb82652480b876f

They got the car # wrong, but it's the right slip. 

Edited by JohnC
1 hour ago, JohnC said:

My junk is officially slow.... for now.

Sunday I ran the 1/8 mile. best I could muster with traction control on was 8.80@82.55. Car has a Vararam intake and Corsa catback. No tune. Data log shows the CAI is screwing with the MAF and making the car run rich. So I have work to do...

2010_SS_Timeslip.jpg.979bcb82652480b876f

They got the car # wrong, but it's the right slip. 

You caught the '04 sleeping at the tree 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I figured out 2 reasons my junk ran slow.

1 is drag racing in drive with TC on slows it down a lot.

2. The Vararam intake on the car is untuned and causing issues.

Even with no tune for the intake, I decided to run it again in Sport Mode and TC off.

Here is the result:

32c50b9d233b5e4765fc98cdb6c195c2.jpg

Left lane Car #50

With a tune and a better 60ft, I'll be in the 12's easy. :up: 

This Catfish was running 13.3's

20170304_122631.thumb.jpg.d7fd49250cfbd8

20170304_121851.thumb.jpg.1f9e00b999ca1a

We had a new WRX STI with COBB CAI, but he tried to launch too hard and the car shut down. I don't think he ran again.

The Caddy CTSV ran a best of  6.81@104 and 10.58@130 :stare: 

image.thumb.jpeg.f9f41899d12617a0af443fb

image.thumb.jpeg.92e5e9db5add055168c7011

image.thumb.jpeg.f53ac7e9d1306bddad50bfd

Child seat and all

image.thumb.jpeg.698f7b2fd15ff455fb3db85

It ran that quick and it weighs 4,500 lbs!

16939505_1832939750293188_85614424927102

On 2/14/2017 at 10:03 PM, JohnC said:

I had this since new (Oct 96), but just got tired of it. I got rid of it a couple weeks ago. With Goodyear skaterbacks (245's), it ran (2.04 60ft) 8.7 in the 1/8 and 13.5 in the 1/4 with a aluminum block PI swap and bolt-ons.

1997_Mustang_GT.jpg.078ccdd240c595c0d0eae490e855b5d0.jpg

Haha.  I now work where that photo was taken :)

• Like 1
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Mercom said:

Altered is a long term project that I enjoy gathering parts for. 

Wagon is a 7.40 1/8 mi street car that hurts a lot of feelings. Lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Super sweet looking little wagon!!! I have weakness for them.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, JohnC said:

This thread needs more hotrods! :)

@TGO David Let's see yours! :up: 

Wife drives this more than I do.  Honestly, I love the speed and the handling, but hate getting into and out of it.  I bang my head on the roof of it every single time.  I think another SRT Jeep is in our future.

i-fVH53wK-600x450.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TGO David said:

Wife drives this more than I do.  Honestly, I love the speed and the handling, but hate getting into and out of it.  I bang my head on the roof of it every single time.  I think another SRT Jeep is in our future.

i-fVH53wK-600x450.jpg

Looks good! :up: 

Have you ever used one of those ceramic coatings instead of wax? 

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Cquartz-Ceramic-Quartz-Protection/dp/B005DZD1A8

Just curious if it's worth it. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Looks good! :up: 

Have you ever used one of those ceramic coatings instead of wax? 

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Cquartz-Ceramic-Quartz-Protection/dp/B005DZD1A8

Just curious if it's worth it. 

Never have.  I use Menzerna Power Lock paint sealant mostly, but have started playing around with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax too.  Both vehicles are disgustingly filthy from having not been washed for a month.  I've gotten to where I refuse to spend the time and resources to do it of it's just going to rain or snow within the next few days.  And lately that's all it seems to have done.

• Like 1

2000 Camaro SS 6 Speed 

Bought it new 2 weeks after my youngest was born and she drives it school now occasionally. It went 11.9@115 with the stock heads/cam/shortblock. With ported factory heads and a little cam best was 11.2@124. Stepped up to a 6.6 with after market heads and a good sized cam a couple of years ago but never finished the tuning. It still is very rich at WOT. Intended build number was 600. 

Camaro%20Emblem.jpg

bb141247-c21c-45cd-9edb-4d8ec76915b8.jpg

• Like 1