Show me your FAST cars and trucks!

JohnC

22 hours ago, 1madss said:

2000 Camaro SS 6 Speed 

Bought it new 2 weeks after my youngest was born and she drives it school now occasionally. It went 11.9@115 with the stock heads/cam/shortblock. With ported factory heads and a little cam best was 11.2@124. Stepped up to a 6.6 with after market heads and a good sized cam a couple of years ago but never finished the tuning. It still is very rich at WOT. Intended build number was 600. 

Camaro%20Emblem.jpg

bb141247-c21c-45cd-9edb-4d8ec76915b8.jpg

So it's a 6.6L now? 

What heads and cam did you go with? 

On 3/26/2017 at 10:18 AM, 1madss said:

Yes. It is a stroked LS2 block with PRC 237 heads and a Ed Curtis spec cam 236/244 114+2 with .631 lift. It still has the old Grotyohann 1 3/4" headers in the pic. It now has Kooks 1 7/8" headers. 

I'm thinking about doing a VCT cam on my SS and delete that stupid DOD junk. Then LT's with high flow cats.

I already have HP Tuners. Gong to attempt to tune for that Vararam intake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordered:

Custom Maryland Speed Kooks SS ceramic coated stepped headers with AFR bung

Kooks catless ceramic coated connection pipes

Cold Air Inductions CAI with JRE scoop and Rotofab window washer resivoir relocation kit

AEM OBD II wideband AFR kit.

Next will be GMPP CNC LS3 heads, VCT cam and DOD delete stuff.

This Slomaro should be a little quicker soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good choice on the headers. I picked up almost 30 rwhp when I put in the headers w/o cats. I know the 5th gen factory exhaust in better than the 4th gen (damn y-pipe!) but I would still expect a pretty increase. Between the gears and headers I lost over 6/10s in the quarter mile.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Swapped to the Cold Air Inductions with JRE Scoop because the Vararam had too much turbulence to tune for and it was a heat sucker until 3rd gear at the drag strip.

b68e80f30e943041d974660d0bfdf310.jpg

69b7f2bf6dd0b8210efdae8135f945de.jpg

Got my AEM widebands AFR's on too.

4d11f450717e566034739d6e843b1e8f.jpg

e20fe219b4347a3aa53434a0182f9792.jpg

Those make tuning a lot easier.

Why do you have dual A/F gauges? One for each bank? I need to pick up a wideband.

I am still fabricating my intake and exhaust. I need to make some calls to figure out which turbo I need for my build. Going to run a PIMPxs, sequential fuel injection as well as probably going with LS coil on plug coils.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Why do you have dual A/F gauges? One for each bank? I need to pick up a wideband.

I am still fabricating my intake and exhaust. I need to make some calls to figure out which turbo I need for my build. Going to run a PIMPxs, sequential fuel injection as well as probably going with LS coil on plug coils.

I run two so I can see what's happening on each bank.

I run these: http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/gauges/digital-gauges/x-series-wideband-uego-OBDII

They're pretty much plug and play and work with HPTuners.

About to head to Beech Bend Raceway to see if I have improved my junk over stock or not.

Wish me luck! 

Previous best there was 8.55 1/8 and 13.1 1/4 on stock tune with just intake and catback, no tune. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the DSX Flex Fuel setup on.

It’s too easy. Plug and play.

All you need to do is send your tune file to DSX and he enables Flex and populates the tables.

It automatically adjusts for the % ethanol from 0-100%.

Then you can datalog and add more timing to one of the tables (forget the name of it). It’ll go to base timing or add the timing up to your max % as your % ethanol increases.

I might be crazy but...

It Idles smoother, sounds a bit quieter, smells better out of the catless exhaust and feels like it takes less go-pedal (feels like it makes more power) to get it moving.

At a $1.65 a gallon and so far only lost 1.5 mpg city, I’m loving it!

• 4 months later...

Well, I got a day off yesterday, so I finally felt like I had the energy to do something.

I started swapping my valve springs and retainers off the TFS heads and put the Texas Speed PAC springs and TI Retainers on.

The valve seals looked the exact same, so I didn’t bother swapping those since they’re brand new anyway.

faabced7c607b3971805417da3e68c69.jpg

d6633dfa459979b9ce443b1ea4967f6a.jpg

fa6d9f5ba1a7f73b271795dcd71ff518.jpg

846ebfaacc9034f2780cbbd8f557af85.jpg

c0fc8dd1b17e363d2ed42afcdb2ebb6f.jpg

b80c3b659a60524d8a3b1d767cafe46c.jpg

13 hours ago, bduncan1231 said:

This is the fastest car I own.  1962 340hp 4sp 53k original miles.  I think they turned a high 14 sec 1/4 mile back in the day.  Going to install disc brakes and a Holley Sniper fuel injection so I can get some enjoyment out of it.  

274CA30B-9099-46B7-A01E-8A49A4B657BF.jpeg

I would not even take that out of the garage right now. With as busted up as the roads are, it'll surly get some rock chips.

My SS got pelted one day. Nicked the hood stripe, chip in the windshield, chip on the outer drivers side pillar... :( 

Edited by JohnC
14 hours ago, bduncan1231 said:

This is the fastest car I own.  1962 340hp 4sp 53k original miles.  I think they turned a high 14 sec 1/4 mile back in the day.  Going to install disc brakes and a Holley Sniper fuel injection so I can get some enjoyment out of it.  

274CA30B-9099-46B7-A01E-8A49A4B657BF.jpeg

GORGEOUS!!

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I would not even take that out of the garage right now. With as busted up as the roads are, it'll surly get some rock chips.

My SS got pelted one day. Nicked the hood stripe, chip in the windshield, chip on the outer drivers side pillar... :( 

No sir it won’t be ready to hit the road till about mid May.  That sucks about the chips