Show me your FAST cars and trucks!

JohnC

This is Betty.. she was a 25th Wedding anniversary gift from Dolomite to me.. She is all stock but has a mild to wild system and my heavy lead foot..I might add some tuning things ( if I ever read up on them and chose what I need/want)

Its a 2008 in Victory red with black interior..

1177179.jpg

Edited by Dolomite`s Breezy
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Ran the new setup and got a 7.74 @ 91 mph in the 1/8 and 11.9 @ 116 mph in the 1/4.

Stock, they're 13.1 sec cars at just over 4,000 lbs with driver in car and at least 3/4 tank of fuel.

I'm 210lbs and 3/4 tank of fuel, the scale was at 4040lbs. 

Tried stalling up, but got bad wheel hop on the street tires, so started leaving at idle and got my best 60ft's and ET doing it that way. Tried turning traction control off, but it just lit the tires up through 1st 2nd and 3rd gears, so I gave up on that run. Need a DR or slick to stall it up and turn off TC.

Last issue is the trans tune. On up-shifts, you can't tell in the video, but it was over revving and bouncing off the rev limiter at just over 6,800 rpm's.

My MPH and rpm was set correctly, but during the shift it would over rev while shifting. Weird, but working on ironing that out now. 

I work out those issues and it should be a good bit faster.

8896a608c23624215f06f9175af9225c.jpg

FWIW, guy in right lane had similar mods and was on a DR's.

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1

I have resisted posting this, but .........

Legally licensed for the road and I can hit 55mph on the flat a bit more down hill, a lot less uphill.

Can anyone identify the make and model.

FOR.jpeg

Edited by Jeb48
On 5/10/2018 at 6:37 PM, seez52 said:

Don't see these around much anymore. Most were 4 cyl. this is an original six. Don't drive it much, but it is fun. Not super fast, but pretty quick.

9146.jpg

Back in the 80's my uncle had one of these.  Not sure if it was a 4 cylinder or 6cyl.  All I know is I could never talk him into letting me, when I was in high school, take it out for a drive.  He would not let me drive his Delorean either.  Never did like that uncle much. lol

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, peejman said:

A Crosley Farm-O-Road. Cool. 

(The tag on the front made it easy). 

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1503-1950-crosley-farm-o-road-backward-glances/

Yea I knew that was a pretty big clue. I have a sign on the back IDing what it is completely and I have people walk up to me when I'm sitting behind it, look directly at the sign and say what is it.

11 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Back in the 80's my uncle had one of these.  Not sure if it was a 4 cylinder or 6cyl.  All I know is I could never talk him into letting me, when I was in high school, take it out for a drive.  He would not let me drive his Delorean either.  Never did like that uncle much. lol

You didn't miss much with the Delorean. All the power of a lawn mower none of the handling. I heard the later ones with the larger motors were more respectable.

14 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

You didn't miss much with the Delorean. All the power of a lawn mower none of the handling. I heard the later ones with the larger motors were more respectable.

Maybe but to a 16-17 year old they were cool as hell. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

That may be true, but they’re much better after a Mr. Fusion upgrade. 

• Like 1

LOL! I was privileged growing up. At about 13 my Dad decided it was mid-life crisis time, and bought a 1977 red MGB.  About 2 years later, he outgrew it. There that car sat in the garage, and I'd just turned 16. I swear it's the reason I lost my virginity, she just loved riding around in that car.

1 minute ago, monkeylizard said:

If you lost it IN the MGB, you're a god amongst men.

LOL!

A buddy of mine in my high school days had an MGB Midget. Getting in it was like strapping on a skateboard. Tiny and uncomfortable. 

But he too, seemed to always have a conquest or 2 with it. The gals loved that little car.

12 minutes ago, hipower said:

LOL!

A buddy of mine in my high school days had an MGB Midget. Getting in it was like strapping on a skateboard. Tiny and uncomfortable. 

But he too, seemed to always have a conquest or 2 with it. The gals loved that little car.

I spent a summer of my childhood riding around on the back deck of a MGB,  my former BIL used to scare me to death in that thing. I was so glad to be away from him after that summer. 

This was my coolest car, I guess fast is relative...

Daily driver from 94 - 97, sold it to a good home, no regrets

1968 250SL, referred to as the Pagoda top from the hard top roofline.

4 speed inline 6, very torque-y and nimble in the curves thanks to a unique hinged rear suspension.

IMG_20180512_101047358.jpg

• Like 1

My current "Gentleman's Hotrod."

Cadillac CTS V-Sport. Twin turbo V-6, 420HP. 0-60 in 4.4 seconds, 1/4 mile in 12.8 seconds, top speed 172mph.

6baffcd7fc567421_a474e5c5ee8ec4.jpg

Had to "Import" it in from Texas.  Cadillac only makes about 500-600 of them a year. 

Edited by DMark
  • Like 3

Dyno'd today. 442 whp. 

There are issues with the tune (see the dip in the power curve) and possible the fuel pump running out of volume.

So I expect to make closer to 500 whp once I go back after some more tuning and all.

Fwiw, this combo is maxing out a ZL1 fuel pump....  

0b7118ed1539c7a2d5744e7d22d2e7d4.jpg 

Edited by JohnC
  • 7 months later...

Well, best 1/4 mile pass I got was 11.7 @ 118 mph.

That was on a all season tire, leaving at idle with traction control on.....

Car #83

45f218c12307a3ed2aea2fba8e5f82c1.jpg

Still had issues with the home brewed tune.

I plan to take it to a real dyno tuner soon as I get my new Stage II ProCharger D1SC instaled.

If I can get ahold of the shop I ordered from in time on Monday and it's not too late, I'm going to upgrade the head unit to the D1X. 

10's sec 1/4 mile runs, here I come! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Stage II ProCharger D1X came in...

Still waiting on the DSX Auxiliary Fuel Pump kit

Looking for a good boost gauge. Can't seem to find any info on which is the best.

625ed0f2051f3ae75314abb6badb2b83.jpg

Got all the packing out to check off the parts list... 110lbs worth of junk in there according to the shipping label.

0288c78f7b691600391b7205995f4b79.jpg

19ebae93066597949c3ebef62eb430ee.jpg

b52546766168577ab5505e7c2e13ef2f.jpg

c78a5eedd7fd48ca7bed5331f2e2916f.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/15/2018 at 1:38 AM, JohnC said:

Well, best 1/4 mile pass I got was 11.7 @ 118 mph.

That was on a all season tire, leaving at idle with traction control on.....

Car #83

45f218c12307a3ed2aea2fba8e5f82c1.jpg

Still had issues with the home brewed tune.

I plan to take it to a real dyno tuner soon as I get my new Stage II ProCharger D1SC instaled.

If I can get ahold of the shop I ordered from in time on Monday and it's not too late, I'm going to upgrade the head unit to the D1X. 

10's sec 1/4 mile runs, here I come! 

I wish I could run on a drag strip.  They kick me off instantly. LOL