ID these weapons...

homeagain

The ones that are similar on the table look like early and later versions of the South African R4 - basically a Galil copy.

The one the guy is holding up looks like a SIG 550.

The large barrel with the muzzle brake in the foreground looks like a Barrett M82A1.

Don't know what the wood stocked rifle is immediately adjacent to the Barrett.

ETA: the dark brown tubs on the table to the extreme left of the photo look like typical South African ammo containers.

Edited by mike_f
Add SA ammo info.
  • Like 2

I just have to say that I think the contrast is funny. Here are all these military style guns, guys in camo uniforms, and tires stacked around. Your friend looks like he could be out at the mall.  I hope he had fun though. I would love to get some time with guns like that.

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

I just have to say that I think the contrast if funny. Here are all these military style guns, guys in camo uniforms, and tires stacked around. Your friend looks like he could be out at the mall.  I hope he had fun though. I would love to get some time with guns like that.

Lol. He does look like he's at the mall. I'm sure he is having a blast. He's retired 18z working civ contract for Africom so he gets to play with toys. 

Those are Galils (or clones) on the table, he is holding a Sig 550. The Barret is the closest in the foreground, that does indeed look like a integrally suppressed Sterling behind him, and the gun closest to the camera appears to be a Barrett. I can't tell what is just above the Barrett. 

• Like 1