3 gun at Middle TN Shooters Club 3/5/2017

We will be hosting our monthly 3-gun match on sunday March 5th. We will have 5 stages. Longest rifle shot around 220 yards. Round count will be under 100 for each gun but bring more if you plan to miss alot. There will be 2 slugs needed. Check in at the range between 11:00 and noon, new shooters please get there early for a new shooters briefing. Anyone that can be there early and help with set up is welcome. New safe shooters are always welcome. Match fee is $25 for non members and $20 for MTSC members. I can be reached with any questions at sumocrp@aol.com

• Like 1

I think my decision has been made.  Now to see if I can remember where the controls are after the buzzer goes off!

AR103GN18_zpszyzva7m0.jpg

In case you can't read it - that's 0.817" at 100yds with 155gr Nosler JHPBT bullets, and 0.644" with 175gr FGMM.  Armlite AR103GN18:  Adjustable gas block, tuneable brake (I hate brakes, but the combination of these two made for a very soft and flat shooting rifle), free floated keymod handguard, Timney trigger, Raptor ambi charging handle, ambi selector, and adjustable Luth-AR stock - all straight out of the box. I did the barrel break-in, set the gas and tuned the brake and it was good to go. The only part I changed was the triggerguard - I put a Magpul on there because the stock one always digs into my middle finger.

And I'm freaking thrilled!!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DMark said:

Well Matt, I hit the "Like" button for your AR10.

What I won't like is when you're kicking my ass with those match grade loads! 

If it makes you feel any better, this is the best my good old "2 MOA FAL" did today:

10%20Shot%20Group%202-26-17_zpsps0xzt1r.

Exact same ammo as the 0.817" group with the AR-10.  Kind of explains some of my misses at the long targets.  To be fair, that barrel has over 10,000 rds on it - so it was time.  The old girl will get a new barrel one day, but this new-fangled rifle will keep me distracted until I can finish that project!

For anyone who has never shot here - you are missing out.  Ryan always has fun and interesting stages, is VERY friendly to new shooters (and HEAVY METAL!!!)  and is the best value in 3 gunning around.  5 stages for $25, with rifle shots out to 230yds max.  You can't beat it.  Stop waiting "until you are ready", and bring the gear that you have out next month and have fun.

Here's a taste:

• Like 2