Canik TP9

NextExit

Went to the range and loved it after I got thru the first magazine.  Trigger pull took a few rounds to get used to and after that I really enjoyed shooting it.   Recoil is similar to my Bersa .380  Fits perfectly in my hand.  Definitely plan on keeping it! :pleased: 

• 3 months later...

These are awesome pistols. I picked up one -SA - after reading up on them a good bit. Trigger is flippin' awesome compared to a factory Glock. It's accurate as well. I never could get a Glock to put rounds where I want them. I'm a Beretta M9/92FS fan - I can put my bullets right where I want them. 

Long story short I liked the SA so much I've got another SA and an SF in the safe. Once word gets around on these, the prices will go up. 

• 2 weeks later...

I handled one yesterday and it has really spurred my interest! The trigger was quite impressive!! Not a bad price point either. My Glock 43 I was carrying threw up a little when I handled the Canik!:dirty:

As the owner of 2 Caniks, I have to ask. What took you guys so long?

Steelharp and I have been talking about these pistols for almost a year. They are ergonomically fantastic, shoot exceeding well and accurately, and have a trigger that is the envy of at least 75% of the gun world.

So...It's about time. lol

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

If you want to feel a good Canik trigger try a SF Elite trigger, best of the Canik triggers.

+1 on this, I have a TP9SF, and also a TP9SF ELITE. They learned something in the year between those guns. The Elite is remarkable! 

I will admit that the Elite wasn't reliable out of the box. I think the rough tungsten ceracote was the issue. A dab of grease, and 100rnds seem to have solved it. I'm several hundred rnds past that now and it's 100%

Mine will run now with milder loads, but it took a bit to get there. In the beginning the hotter the better. As the edges wore off the ceracote it got better. The muzzle in the slide was very tight as well. A bit of grease worked great. I know that most don't like grease on pistols but it worked. 

The gun field strips better now too.

Good luck!

It's an XTS sub compact tactical light. It's got solid beam and strobe. I got it from Sportsman guide: 

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/xts-subcompact-tac-light?a=1564505

It works great and doesn't break the bank. Light is brighter than I expected plenty for the house and it even reaches most all of my yard at night.

i get quite a bit of stuff from Sportsmans Guide. They've got surplus, survival, guns, ammo, gear and really good sales.