Sweden attacked Feb 18?

aldodds3

When he said look at what happened in Sweden last night, I think he meant to say look at the news story that was released last night concerning sweden.

Being an expert at putting foot in mouth, I can understand some of the ramblings.

You know, if he could just filter out some of the casual commentary he could be a lot more effective. It is as though he's trying to push the more fact based voters away. And I'm not talking about alternative fact lovers or fake news victims. I'm talking about those who object when they hear from his mouth stuff that is simply false. I won more EC votes than anyone except Reagan. No you didn't. Well I meant the most of any Republican. But you didn't. Well I saw it somewhere.

Why does he do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
5 hours ago, aldodds3 said:

You know, if he could just filter out some of the casual commentary he could be a lot more effective. It is as though he's trying to push the more fact based voters away. And I'm not talking about alternative fact lovers or fake news victims. I'm talking about those who object when they hear from his mouth stuff that is simply false. I won more EC votes than anyone except Reagan. No you didn't. Well I meant the most of any Republican. But you didn't. Well I saw it somewhere.

Why does he do that?

I think he just lets it fly, and figures folks will sort it out. At least he's not boring :) 

6 hours ago, aldodds3 said:

.... I won more EC votes than anyone except Reagan. No you didn't. Well I meant the most of any Republican. But you didn't. Well I saw it somewhere

And he's been saying it over and over since the election, not a one time thing, even though called to task each time with facts that a 4th grader can verify. That's really a sign of of clinical something. They may have to add a whole chapter to the DSM eventually.

- OS

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mikegideon said:

Shoot for the moon. Maybe he'll do something to get impeached.

That will take time, and even then, it will need to be something so big it forces the House of Representatives to vote for it.  That's not happening until the approval polls for President Trump are low and the GAF factor about it starts changing in their districts.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, btq96r said:

That will take time, and even then, it will need to be something so big it forces the House of Representatives to vote for it.  That's not happening until the approval polls for President Trump are low and the GAF factor about it starts changing in their districts.

Yeah, it's an x factor whether Nixon would resigned if both House and Senate hadn't been Dem controlled at the time, and hence almost certain to follow through with full impeachment process.

- OS

• Admin Team

They need to get Gorsuch confirmed before anyone'll break rank.

People are eventually going to get tired of defending this stuff in town halls back home. So, it's a matter of who breaks first. Do the millennial "snowflakes" give up the protests and go home? Or do the persist until the mainline GOP gives?  

There are probably a dozen more scenarios, too.  Maybe even several things happening at once. We're kind of in uncharted territory here.  

15 hours ago, tnhawk said:

During a FOX interview by Tucker Carlson, Ami Horowitz said, " Sweden had its first terrorist Islamic attack not long ago, so they're now getting a taste of what we've been seeing across Europe already."     - NY Times

I watched the interview and don't remember him saying that, Horowitz was talking about Sweden being overrun by refugees and the government/media there going out of their way to avoid identifying the culprits of the crimes because many of them are being associated with the refugees.

35 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

I watched the interview and don't remember him saying that, Horowitz was talking about Sweden being overrun by refugees and the government/media there going out of their way to avoid identifying the culprits of the crimes because many of them are being associated with the refugees.

Who knows, Trump just grabs a phrase here and there and lets them bounce around in his head until they're combined as the, you know, truth.

- OS

• Like 2
They need to get Gorsuch confirmed before anyone'll break rank.
People are eventually going to get tired of defending this stuff in town halls back home. So, it's a matter of who breaks first. Do the millennial "snowflakes" give up the protests and go home? Or do the persist until the mainline GOP gives?  
There are probably a dozen more scenarios, too.  Maybe even several things happening at once. We're kind of in uncharted territory here.  

Gorsuch and a spare would be nice.

• Like 1
Yeah, it's an x factor whether Nixon would resigned if both House and Senate hadn't been Dem controlled at the time, and hence almost certain to follow through with full impeachment process.
- OS

I think just as important in Nixon's calculus was that the majority of House GOP committee members voted for impeachment. That made it impossible to blame the Democrats alone.