Is your favorite your go to?

Steelharp

In my case, I guess not. I would have to say my favorite handgun is my PPQ... but the one I find in my holster most often is my SR9c.

I think the flexibility is the thing. The Ruger is really 3 different sizes. With the 10 rd mag with the flat baseplate, it fits perfectly in the Sneaky Pete I had made back when I had a PPS. Yeah, it fits in the same place a single stack 6 rd pistol did.

With the pinky extension, it's easy to conceal the butt, and it feels like a full size grip, all 3 fingers have support.

With the 17 rd mag, well, it IS a full size 9.

Regardless of anything else I've ever had, I keep coming back to it.

• Like 1

My favorite and my EDC are one in the same, custom G19.  But I also tend to side with the "respect the man with one gun" type of philosophy.  My backup, custom G17, used to be my favorite and now just sits in my safe.  If it wasn't filling the role of backup it would be sold.  

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, FJCrusing said:

Same.  It's my go to and EDC for almost three years now. 

Yep....a sweet shooting pistol. I have 4 - 13 round mags with the extension filler from Amazon. I usually have one in the Glock and 2 on my side. Oh...and 1 in the pipe. that's 40 40's.....LOL

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1

No! My favorite is my Mod 85 Bersa but my everyday carry is my Bersa Thunder. Holds 7+1 in the tube and 2 mags on my belt. Mod 85 is my fun to shoot at range gun and sometimes carry but prefer to carry the Thunder do to weight factors............jmho

Naw.  My two favorites are probably my four inch GP100 and my SBH 7.5 inch .44 Mag.  I have really never carried the GP100 (will get around to making a holster one of these days and then maybe I will carry it a little).  I made a western style holster for the SBH but have only carried it around the house/in the woods.  My most often carried is my S&W 642 with my Kel Tec P3AT in second place.

Now, my CZ 82 might well be my favorite semi-auto and I did carry it pretty often for a while in a home-made leather belt slide holster.  I mostly pocket carry the 642 now, though.

Edited by JAB
15 minutes ago, Ugly said:

Nope. Smith & Wesson 686 vs a Glock 23. 

On 2/21/2017 at 6:16 PM, Moped said:

Nope. I really like my FNH FNS 9mm, but I carry a Keltec p32 99% of the time.

Favorite is my 686 6" no dash. Was carrying a G23 until I got an FNS 9 last year. Almost feel like selling Glock cause it's so harsh at the range (165 or 180gr) compared to the FN. 

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

Of course.....maybe.....well not really. Of all the handguns I have my favorite is an old beater Springfield full size 1911. It's well worn, rattles and generally looks a bit sorry. But for a 67 year old that has eyes to match I shoot the heck out of a fist sized target at 15 yards without effort. It's my favorite shooter by far. I carry an M&P .45 most of the time with a red dot and while it's very accurate and fun to shoot I still tote the Springfield around in the winter months from time to time.

• Administrator

Sure.  My favorite is still my Glock 19 but that's because I am insanely pragmatic when it comes to this.  I have a slew of others that I am very fond of, enjoy shooting, and even have all of the necessary "carry gear" for, but the gun that I carry the most is the one that I love the most because of its simplicity, reliability, size and capacity.

It won't win any beauty contests, but that's not its purpose.  You take Mike Tyson to a fight, not Gisele Bündchen.

I downsized twice now to be able to conceal enough for work. I carried a CZ P-01 for a long time, then downsized to a XD-s .45, and now I've had to downsize to a Ruger LCP. My favorite is my CZ 75 Shadow, but it's not practical, just fun.