Is your favorite your go to?

Steelharp

Go to--to carry?  Sig 238.  To Shoot?  All of them. Highlighted by my Sig 226 Legion .40.   Go to--to Rub with an oily rag?  My Colt Snake guns--Anaconda .44 Magnum,   Python .357.  To fire hundreds of rounds rapidly?  Sabre XR-15 Massad Ayoob Edition.  To get lead downrange? (or grab when I hear a bump in the night?)  Remington 870.

7 hours ago, TGO David said:

You take Mike Tyson to a fight, not Gisele Bündchen.

There is always the Texas concept of the BBQ gun, the Court Gun, and the every day gun.  My BBQ gun would clearly be a Stainless Snake Gun!  Court Gun a Sig 220 10mm.  Neither would be my choice for daily carry.   For daily carry, I subscribe to the ".380 in my pocket is better than the .44 Magnum in my safe" concept.

I reckon I have to say yes it is. Unfortunately for me I have to carry a G23 at work, probably my least favorite gun, and it's not even mine. But when I'm off work I, without any thought or decision making necessary, strap on my favorite, which is my go-to, my Smith 686 PC 2.5. Ohhhh my!.............................

• Like 1

Favorite is still my SIG P226, but it's hardly ever fired anymore.  Carry and range guns have become mostly a Glock G4 19 OWB in a DMBullard bodygard, or G4 26 in a pocket RKBA holster when wearing cargo shorts in summer.  Carry a SIG 938 in PJ holster kydex pocket around the house and yard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 6:15 PM, RED333 said:

No here as well, fav is SBH 44 mag with 8" barrel, not carrying it to easy.

Simple fix, just get a JR Roscoe holster.

I carry some long revolvers/TC Contenders in one....regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 8:38 PM, res308 said:

I reckon I have to say yes it is. Unfortunately for me I have to carry a G23 at work, probably my least favorite gun, and it's not even mine. But when I'm off work I, without any thought or decision making necessary, strap on my favorite, which is my go-to, my Smith 686 PC 2.5. Ohhhh my!.............................

I was in my favorite LGS one day, a few years back and the owner handed me a used PC Smith revolver that he had taken in trade and told me to try the trigger out.  Amazing!  It wasn't a snub and I don't remember the exact model other than it was in .357.  I love revolvers and if the trigger on yours is anything like the trigger on that one then no wonder it is your favorite!

Oh, and did you intend for that last part (the "ohhhh my!..............) to be read in a George Takei voice?  Because that is the way I heard it in my head.