Im still in NY (Surprise!) and I was able to find a quality Class 3 dealer. Talked to him for a while and got 2 AOWs on order. Once the form 3 comes in for the second one, I can head down there (3 hrs each way in an F350). Ill put my flame suit on but I put in for a Serbu 870 with breecher and another company mossberg 500 version. Yeah, I had to get 2 to offset the travel :)

I know, I know low capacity shotgun with limited range. But, a middle finger (or 2) to NYS is another motive.

You would be correct. However, this AOW is. Not much else is, if anything. It goes on our pistol permit vs using a trust or something. I wont be here long after I obtain it, though. But yes, these are legal. They are unappealing to most so its rare if someone buys one here. $1000 (or more) for a 3 shot 12ga? Im odd and can wait, plus the post office throws away money like its trash. Its been on my to buy list for years.

The AOW does have something going for it. State line travel without a 5320, same as supressors as local law allows. Also, they aren't anywhere near as bad to shoot as the short barrel doesn't allow the pressure to build up. 

mossberg just started offering factory AOW's on 500 actions. I'm considering one, $5 stamp...pffft, easy except for the wait. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, MrShotty said:

You would be correct. However, this AOW is. Not much else is, if anything. It goes on our pistol permit vs using a trust or something. I wont be here long after I obtain it, though. But yes, these are legal. They are unappealing to most so its rare if someone buys one here. $1000 (or more) for a 3 shot 12ga? Im odd and can wait, plus the post office throws away money like its trash. Its been on my to buy list for years.

OK, I was not aware of what "any other weapon" meant to the shooting public until now. I truly understand the "I wont be here long" feeling. I retired out of NY Corrections in 2013 from Ellenville area south of you. I do miss the Allentown/Harrisburg gunshows. None of the TN shows can hold a candle to them on shear size and parts guns. Your 1000 table show at the fairgrounds used to be a favorite to until SAFE (send another family elsewhere) A hit. The America I grew up in still exists here TN. Good Luck with your move.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2017 at 1:03 PM, xtriggerman said:

The America I grew up in still exists here TN. Good Luck with your move.

I said the exact same thing 100 times since moving here! And that describes it perfectly. I found "America" again. Whatever the heck the libtards are trying to turn this country into, I don't recognize, nor want any part of it! I'd suggest secession, but I believe we were here first, I think they should go find somewhere else to live instead.

- K

• Like 3
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, ReeferMac said:

I said the exact same thing 100 times since moving here! And that describes it perfectly. I found "America" again. Whatever the heck the libtards are trying to turn this country into, I don't recognize, nor want any part of it! I'd suggest secession, but I believe we were here first, I think they should go find somewhere else to live instead.

- K

If there is any truth to the Bible and I think there is, the bulk of the libtards nest in coastal cities. Since they say they would move to Canada and they didn't, and they say global warming and oceans rising would upset their homes but yet to move...... Its coming... Oh yah, its coming to a coastal population some day soon and no one will be laughing. Yes indeed, the Bible has something in store for those sea side nesters right off the git go. The San Andreas on the left and the sub surface sand dunes along the leading edge of the Atlantic trench on the right. Life for us all will change drastically but those coastal citiots will get a life's review before the rest of us!  

• Like 1

The snowflakes and libtards won't move out of America because most other countries would not put up with all the crap they talk and spread around without putting them in jail. We are going to be stuck with them, like it or not............jmho

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks interesting but MrShotty will not get it in NY. They will consider it cut down even if it never existed in another form. I wanted a Henry Mare’s Leg Lever Action in .22 just to play with when I was in NY. Henry lists as a pistol and I had my pistol permit. Nope, NY classified it as a cut down rifle, not for sale.

It is still is on my wish list but there were so many others on the list that I couldn't buy before I moved, that I haven't gotten to it yet :-)

20 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Here is one that does NOT require any NFA paperwork. Can be bought and taken home immediately.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/short-barrel-no-hassle-black-aces/

Just throwing it out there for those who do not do the NFA thing.

Good Lord! a gangsta belie gun for the hood....... Once the dudes that pony up the $1200 for one of these realizes 6" of bore pressure = nothing more than card table anti personnel potency, used ones will soon be available. 

13 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Looks interesting but MrShotty will not get it in NY. They will consider it cut down even if it never existed in another form. I wanted a Henry Mare’s Leg Lever Action in .22 just to play with when I was in NY. Henry lists as a pistol and I had my pistol permit. Nope, NY classified it as a cut down rifle, not for sale.

It is still is on my wish list but there were so many others on the list that I couldn't buy before I moved, that I haven't gotten to it yet :-)

That is false. Mares leg is not legal, but somehow others in NY that own AOWs would beg to differ. 

Ill be sure to update accordingly.