Anyone have a handgun in an "unusual" caliber? Post them up for all to see . . . .

ZoidMeister

I love the M1 Carbine in .30 Cal so much that I started looking for a handgun in the caliber to match.  My search led me to both of these.  An AMT/IAI Automag III and a Ruger New Model Blackhawk - both in the awesome .30 Caliber Carbine.

AMT-30-001.jpg

AMT-30-002.jpg

Ruger-30%20Blackhawk-01.JPG

Ruger-30%20Blackhawk-02.JPG

Edited by ZoidMeister
  • Like 4

I also have a .30 Carbine Blackhawk.

I guess unusual caliber is a matter of opinion based largely on the person you're talking to. Often I've been at the range with guns quite common to me and had somebody ask about them. I tell them its a .44 Special or maybe a .38 Super and get blank stares. "Its a what? Never heard of that one?" :shrug:

• Like 2

Okay I will play along but I'm going to get really unusual and obscure.  Who can tell me what this is without using their Google Fu?  I will tell you that I inherited it from an uncle that immigrated from Germany and was in WWII, on the American team. One other note, the photo is one I grabbed off the web because I don't have a good quality picture to post here but this one appears be the exact same as the one I have.

?Pistol.jpg

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, ZoidMeister said:

. . . . and quite the FLAME THROWERS too . . . . . .

I'm a big fan of the crowd pleasers, especially when I'm setting one off.  They also have the added benefit of getting everyone to stop shooting the freaking AR's when you get tired of hearing them.:D

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I've always wanted a Blackhawk in .30 Carbine only for the fact I've heard they are obnoxiously loud.

20 minutes ago, ZoidMeister said:

. . . . and quite the FLAME THROWERS too . . . . . .

An old college buddy of mine had a .357 Maximum back in the day and if I recall correctly I think the Max was right up there with the .30 carbine in report and flash.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

I'm a big fan of the crowd pleasers, especially when I'm setting one off.  They also have the added benefit of getting everyone to stop shooting the freaking AR's when you get tired of hearing them.:D

I want one of these for that very reason.... 

mosin-pistol.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Authorized Vendor

I have a S&W model 53 in .22 Remington Jet....basically a centerfire .22

I inherited this from my Dad along with 4 boxes of ammo, 6 SS inserts for .22lr and the apparently very rare .22LR  cyclinder that came with it. The box had a cut out for the cyclinder but I understand Smith used the same box to sell the ones without the cyclinder....just didn't punch out the hole.

32264424093_7258d9b3a1_b.jpg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

I have the feeling that thing is unpleasant to shoot. 

Fortunately, it can be loaded with 45acp dies and is a handloader's cartridge. A 230 grain bullet at less than 825fps, which is basically standard pressure 45acp levels, is actually fun to shoot. I have shot exactly one full pressure factory load, and it was eye opening. This was a 260gr bullet at about 1100fps out of the three inch barrel.  I did have a little bit of stinging afterwards, but I would have no problem lighting one off to get a grizzly off of me.   

3 hours ago, Grand Torino said:

I have a S&W model 53 in .22 Remington Jet....basically a centerfire .22

I inherited this from my Dad along with 4 boxes of ammo, 6 SS inserts for .22lr and the apparently very rare .22LR  cyclinder that came with it. The box had a cut out for the cyclinder but I understand Smith used the same box to sell the ones without the cyclinder....just didn't punch out the hole.

32264424093_7258d9b3a1_b.jpg

Now THAT'S  special. Never owned one, but had a friend that did and it was a hoot to shoot. Never ever let that one go. 

• Like 1

Even though it probably isn't that unusual to folks on TGO, I still consider my Nagant revolver to be pretty unusual where most folks are concerned.  Don't have a pic right now but I'd guess that most on here know what they look like.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

It looks similar to a Liberator, but I know that's incorrect.

Even with Google Fu I can't find that one. What is it?

A German Scheintod Pepper, gas or tobacco pistol.  Made after WWI in Germany, the Scheintod pistol was a three barreled derringer that fired 12mm self defense gas cartridges.  However the gas cartridges were not teargas or mace as we know it but finely ground pepper and tobacco.

And if you you want MORE and even More

16 hours ago, Garufa said:

The biggest crowd pleaser I have is this one . . . . . .

S&W 460 XVR in .460 Magnum.  It's also somewhat of an "unusual" caliber.  She also shoots .454 Casull, another oddball, and .45LC which is not common, but not weird.  So I get a two-fer on this one.

S&W 460XVR - .460 Magnum & .454 Casull

460%20XVR-03.jpg

460%20XVR-01.jpg

460%20XVR-04.jpg

• Like 2