Possibly moving to Tennessee

Outlaw

4 hours ago, MrJones79 said:

On the other hand, we've had tornado warnings down here in Middle TN twice in the past 10 days or so. It's the trade off you make I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plus side of tornadoes is that they can miss you by a block and you're good. Blizzards and hurricanes are hard to dodge.

• Like 1

Maybe we should have an eastern TN TGO get together.... Not sure of where to do it.

I'd say at Mac's place, but to remove those stumps with tannerite would require several days hard work!

To sum up my TN experience in one sentence. "The people and the weather are better"

• Like 2
1 hour ago, xsubsailor said:

The plus side of tornadoes is that they can miss you by a block and you're good. Blizzards and hurricanes are hard to dodge.

True... but you usually have notice about a blizzard. After a quick trip to the liquor and grocery store, fresh pile of wood next to the back porch... Bring it! LOL!

- K

2 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

There are a lot of good decent people up north who generally don't like what the government is doing/becoming, but when it's all you've known, it's hard to just pick up and move.

- K

This is true....Getting unstuck from our rut up north took hard work, and some risks.  But we had some unexpected help.

When my employer of 32 years decided he could replace me with someone for 60% of what they were paying me, they politely told me to retire at 60, or else...That was last September.

We had always planned to get out of Illinois and move to eastern TN when I retired, but without that kick in the ass, I don't know if or when it would have happened.  I was pissed at the time, but now I am here and happy as heck.  We have a great house, great neighbors, with lots of great places to ride my motorbikes or shoot close by, and much better weather. 

• Like 1

Greece, NY about a half-hour outside Rochester. Was 1-town over from where  I used to live. FWIW, the winter snow had all melted. What you see is just what fell in the last 36-or-so-hours.

.... Yup. And they don't make moonshine up there either? Weird how some people live?

(that being said, I'd kill for some Molson Tall-boys! Used to keep them outside near the woodpile, man, that was good stuff).

- K

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

Greece, NY about a half-hour outside Rochester. Was 1-town over from where  I used to live. FWIW, the winter snow had all melted. What you see is just what fell in the last 36-or-so-hours.

- K

One of my daughters lives in Troy, NY, and she been doing a lot of complaining the last couple days.

Now you know why! LOL!

I will say, it was neat being in the spectacle of mother nature. I mean, the cold and snow sucked to live in and have a regular life (go to work, kids to school, etc.), but sometimes you just couldn't help yourself standing there and marvel at the awesome power. I will say I do miss _that_, just a touch. Walking around the yard at night after a snow like that, the near silence was pretty cool. You could hear the snowmobile's whine off in the distance, feet crunched in the snow w/ every step, dog couldn't find any place his ass didn't hit snow. Good times! :up:

- K

We were on the East side of Rochester from RefferMac and remember digging out our 500 foot drive after a storm like they are recovering from. I remember driving home from work a couple of times that I had to roll the drivers side window down so I could see the telephone poles to be sure I stayed on the road because of blowing snow. Don't really miss it. May have been fun when I was in my 30s but that was along time ago, even did some cross country skiing back then. Never got into snowmobiles, seem to be two kinds, drive in circles in the fields or drive from bar to bar. Neither did much for me.

Much prefer my Winters down here. But that is just the bonus for being able to move back to the USA.

• Like 1