Browser notifications disabled

Please explain...

Browser notifications disabled

By enabling desktop notifications, we'll be able to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window. Check your browser help documentation to find out how to enable notifications for this site.

It means if you check it, a pop-up will appear when you have personal messages, replies to a thread you posted in, etc.  If you disable it, it will drive you nuts with other pop-ups asking if you want to enable notifications every time you open something up here.  Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario ...

Thanks NO, I dont understand how to "check your browser help documentation to find out how to enable notifications" notifications were enabled up to a few days ago...

" If you disable it, it will drive you nuts with other pop-ups asking if you want to enable notifications"  It seems to have disabled itsself. I have not seen any pop-ups...

Edited by hughd
More info.
  • Administrator

My notifications are set properly, but are still not functioning since the change. 

It has probably saved me some bucks, but I've missed out on a thing or two too. I like to shop so that's the biggest problem I've had since the site change.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, TGO David said:

You're not getting email, correct?  That is different than this.

Copy.  I started a separate Thread on this issue, which I see you have responded to.  I inquired here as well after seeing that there were posts within this thread regarding email notifications, as well.  I will be trying your suggestion posted on the other Thread of trying a different email provider such as gmail to see if this clears up my issue, though I do receive email notifications for other forums such as ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ stated.

• Like 1
On 3/29/2017 at 0:36 PM, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ said:

Yup - what DHF said.... is there a thread for the "Not getting email since the move to the new forum hosting software" topic.  I will gladly post and update in there.  I didn't mean to "thread-jack" this thread.

On 3/1/2017 at 11:27 AM, hughd said:

To clarify, I am trying to enable my email notifications that seemed to have stopped on there own.

No thread-jack here. When I saw:  Browser notifications disabled I thought that was the reason I was no longer receiving em notifications.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, hughd said:

No thread-jack here. When I saw:  Browser notifications disabled I thought that was the reason I was no longer receiving em notifications.

@hughd no, but I saw numerous things in the email log about YOUR email address and Yahoo.com is blocking all of our emails so you probably want to ditch them if you want emails from TGO.

20 hours ago, TGO David said:

@hughd no, but I saw numerous things in the email log about YOUR email address and Yahoo.com is blocking all of our emails so you probably want to ditch them if you want emails from TGO.

Please see: Not Receiving Email Notifications thread and lock this one.