Knoxville Gun Store Going

Garufa

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns N' More on Papermill Dr. is going out of business. Just happend to drive by today and though I'd step in. Just a few guns left and other odd & ends.

I hate to see a store close!

Me too, but I've wondered how they stayed in biz long as they have, frankly.

Like, never any guns to speak of, cept the racks of used rifles/shotties and I think most of them were consignment sales.

Nice folks there, though.

- OS

Me too, but I've wondered how they stayed in biz long as they have, frankly.

Like, never any guns to speak of, cept the racks of used rifles/shotties and I think most of them were consignment sales.

Nice folks there, though.

- OS

You are correct, sir. Good people but since they moved over to Papermill last year has been kinda lacking. Never seemed to fill the racks back up. Awful location.

I did find a set of RCBS 30-06 dies for $25. Can't beat that!

There still some stuff there. Worth checking out if you get a chance.

You are correct, sir. Good people but since they moved over to Papermill last year has been kinda lacking. Never seemed to fill the racks back up. Awful location.

I did find a set of RCBS 30-06 dies for $25. Can't beat that!

There still some stuff there. Worth checking out if you get a chance.

Actually, gonna do a rambling errand walk inna while...will stop by, they aren't but a mile from me, as the crow hobbles.

- OS

Guest 70below

I always hate to see a local shop close. I was wondering though, they appeared close the last time I was in there. I tried calling several times this week and no answer on the phone and voicemail was full.

Was by there little while ago...guys are real downbeat about the closing, I didn't inquire as to details...actually I don't who's who there or their ownership status anyway.

They don't have hardly anything in the way of guns. Maybe 4 handguns, nothing looked like a deal, one Glock 3x for $600.

7 or 8 old rifles, like an Enfield .303, under 200 bucks. Real deal on a few toy ARs. Not airsoft, just fake ones.

Oddly, guy was asking about Khan shotgun onsite here today, I had never even heard of Khan, G&M has 3 of them, all 12 ga. over/under.

Still a glass case of knives and gun parts (a few XD .40 9 round mags) handfuls of odds and ends ammo. Some cleaning stuff.

Holster wall best stocked still ... Galco and Tagua leather mostly for Glock and HK, few for SW revos, mostly OWB; some best mag carriers. Some varioius plastic tac holsters.

I asked about selling any leftover holsters here and/or eBay on commission, feller said pretty sure they'd sell everything left in masse to somebody about first of month. Have fellows name for contact re that if anyone interested.

I bought last three boxes of Federal 12 slugs they had, just to "help", buck a slug, not really a deal.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
OhShoot, did you happen to see the condition of the enfield? I might take the trip up if its nice enough.

Bro, it just looked "old". I didn't even pick it up, just looked at a few tags to see what things were going for. I remember it had the Indian model name on the tag, is it Ishapore? I really know hardly anything about old military rifles.

I got the impression that anything worth what they were asking was probably already gone, so I dunno if I'd recommend ya running up hear from 'nooga just for that.

I've been there maybe 3 times before this, and they never have had many handguns, but usually have 30 or more long guns in the back. Now only 7 or 8.

Maybe you could get a feel by talking to them - 865-584-1100

- OS

OhShoot, did you happen to see the condition of the enfield? I might take the trip up if its nice enough.

There were two Ishapores there today. Trust me, not worth the effort to come up @ $175 each. Stocks in very bad condition.

Guest rockbottom12

i was there today as well, I may have crossed paths with someone, heard the mention of tgo, we were getting a pair of smith 22a's via ffl. mostly knives and holsters.

i was there today as well, I may have crossed paths with someone, heard the mention of tgo, we were getting a pair of smith 22a's via ffl. mostly knives and holsters.

That was bound to be me, guys...was mentioning TGO as possible source to sell stuff...y'all shoulda said something...

- OS

Guest 70below

I had been hoping to get ahold of them to have them do a transfer but they wouldn't answer the phone any of the handful of times I called. I finally gave up and called another shop. I have some receivers coming in there anyhow and figured I might be able to pick it all up and once and save a couple bucks, but oh well.

I couldnt even find their new store the last time I went looking for them. :)

Down on the section of Papermill past Hollywood closer to town. Papermill actually runs all the way to Liberty St, folks tend to think of only the Kingston Pike to interstate section.

- OS

I'm heading over there at lunchtime today to pick up my last transfer before they close their doors. :screwy: Jess and the guys have been my FFL since I first got into the hobby a few years back, and they've always been helpful and informative.

The forced move to the new location really hurt them, as well as the fact that ownership did not stay ahead of the curve by anticipating demand pre-election. As many folks now know, if you didn't get your orders in early, you weren't going to have any new inventory once the vendors got swamped. The end result is what you see now--an empty little shop that just can't compete anymore.

It is a sad day.