John Wick Chapter 2

I watched the latest John Wick movie the other night very obviously titled John Wick Chapter 2 and it wasn't to bad. I thought the first one was a better movie and there will unquestionably be a third one in the not to distant future. Has anyone else here watched it yet?

I saw it opening weekend, and like you thought it was a good flick for what it is. And also liked the first one more and agree that another one will be coming soon. Really enjoy watching Keanu Reeves' movies knowing how much work he actually puts in to learning the gun handling part of it. And he doesn't just rely on CGI or stunt people to make it look good. 

3 minutes ago, pops572 said:

I saw it opening weekend, and like you thought it was a good flick for what it is. And also liked the first one more and agree that another one will be coming soon. Really enjoy watching Keanu Reeves' movies knowing how much work he actually puts in to learning the gun handling part of it. And he doesn't just rely on CGI or stunt people to make it look good. 

I watched a couple of his 3 gun training vids on youtube... I am glad to see an actor putting work to be proficient with the use of firearms in this movie.

I just watched the 1st movie the other night and I was impressed and wish I would have watched it sooner. I have seldom ever seen sequel movie top the original but a few have said this one is really close so I will make it a point to see this one sooner................:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I still haven't seen part 2 but, having seen the first one I have to say that I think this is one of the most well-done/choreographed parodies of a specific fight scene style from a specific set of movies I have ever seen.  Pretty funny, too.

I saw Dog Wick a couple of weeks ago.  Liked it, too.  I really liked the line, "Do you have any idea who it was you killed?  Idiot! You killed John Wick's dog's human!"

"No law in here says dog's can't shoot people."

I think I liked the Nerf Wick better, though, because of how well - and how close to the style of the real thing - the 'gun fu' was choreographed. 

Edited by JAB
23 hours ago, JAB said:

Okay, I still haven't seen part 2 but, having seen the first one I have to say that I think this is one of the most well-done/choreographed parodies of a specific fight scene style from a specific set of movies I have ever seen.  Pretty funny, too.

I didn't know the second was out. Seems I'm a lot behind lately.

I'll have to round up the wife and go. 

• 3 months later...

I waited till the second one came out and then bought both DVD's and then sat down and poured a glass of Jack over Ice and sat there and watched both of them. I still think the 1st one was the better of the two but second one was not bad. As far as a third goes I am thinkin it is going to be a lot more bloody since he has now lost the protection of the organization when he killed the bad guy on the secrate ground right in front of the organzation leader and he told him right then that he was no longer a member and would lose that protection. That means he is an open target for any and all assassins.

Now with that said, it is not surprising that Keanu Reeves is a very good actor with firearms skills since he is an avid shooter and owns a great many different firearms and shoots regularly in real life. He does not follow the rest of the snowflakes of Hollywood when it comes to 2nd Amendment................jmho 

Some moments I was surprised to see in there. Such as the shootout in the busy subway. Shooting silences pistols from your coat and someone 2 steps away acts like nothing is happening?!

I think a large part of the gun handling being so well in general is Taran Butler was Keanu's coach and the movies advisor on guns. 1st one was obviously better, but I thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd and look forward to the third.

From what I've heard and read, Keanu Reeves is just like a regular guy that does acting for a day job. Kinda guy you might sit next to at a bar and have a beer with and not know he's a celebrity.

"From what I've heard and read, Keanu Reeves is just like a regular guy that does acting for a day job. Kinda guy you might sit next to at a bar and have a beer with and not know he's a celebrity."

I have heard the same thing about him. He does not go around flaunting what he does and is just a plain guy when not working. I think that is one of the reasons he is pro 2nd Amendment and still working a lot in Hollywood. He does not do stuff the draw attention to himself like all the snowflakes do.............jmho

Yeah, I thought 2 was boring. Loved the first one. The second, not so much. Plot was terrible. I did chuckle, though, when Keanu shot at his foot! I think twice. One was definitely inline with the muzzle, the second time didn't look much better.

• Like 1

I liked them both, even with a few flaws, I believe he shot his foot that was behind a guys head in one scene but JW is pretty much invincible so no big deal and he should have walked away from the 69Mach1, no way that it can be rebuilt.

I also would have liked if he beat the deaf girl to death rather than another knife stab.

I guess the opening scene in Chapter 3 will be him digging up his stash that he cemented over... twice now. :lol:

Well I bought both DVDs and I have watch the 1st one 4 times now trying to count how many bad guys he killed and in that one night club he is shooting them so fast I can't count or mark them down fast enough. I began a system last night of marking down to a certain point and stopping there and then watching it again and picking up where I left off............lol I did figure out I can put my DVD on slow mode so that will help me alot..............lol

On 6/29/2017 at 0:27 PM, bersaguy said:

I waited till the second one came out and then bought both DVD's and then sat down and poured a glass of Jack over Ice and sat there and watched both of them. I still think the 1st one was the better of the two but second one was not bad. As far as a third goes I am thinkin it is going to be a lot more bloody since he has now lost the protection of the organization when he killed the bad guy on the secrate ground right in front of the organzation leader and he told him right then that he was no longer a member and would lose that protection. That means he is an open target for any and all assassins.

Now with that said, it is not surprising that Keanu Reeves is a very good actor with firearms skills since he is an avid shooter and owns a great many different firearms and shoots regularly in real life. He does not follow the rest of the snowflakes of Hollywood when it comes to 2nd Amendment................jmho 

IDK I think Winston like John more than any of the others......and he does have a hole card that will come into play in maybe Chapter 4 :D

I will say that the 3 gun stuff didn't really tickle my fancy. While it looked cool and was executed very well it just didn't fit the character. Maybe it was the quad shell holders and then he didn't drop deuces or quads and he just halfassed it like me reloading a shotgun on the clock. He did have as good a weak hand shell stuffing reloads as I've seen anyone else have.