Rank in Profiles

1 minute ago, Danger Rane said:

I'm guessing it's somewhere above 233. Not sure what the magic number is. I dont really consider myself a newcomer as I've been on here daily for a few years, I just don't throw my opinion out there that much I guess. 

Yeah, I read a lot on the forums... but, like you, rarely post.  

I'm just wondering how the ranking system actually works.

3 minutes ago, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ said:

Well, I've been a Benefactor since before the switch and can see no way to edit the "Rank" field.

It's vexing...

Mine is the first line when I go to "Edit Profile".

4 minutes ago, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ said:

Well, I've been a Benefactor since before the switch and can see no way to edit the "Rank" field.

It's vexing...

Go to your profile page.  Near the top right there is an edit profile button.  You can change the "rank" field there.

• Administrator
Just now, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ said:

LOL - it's not important per se.  I've just been a member for more that 5 years and I'm curious.

I don't "feel" like a TGO Newcomer.

Yeah, I get that.  I'll add it to the list of things to try and fix.  I think MacGyver's theory is the most likely.  This probably got jacked up during an upgrade.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

When you go to edit profile, what do you have under basic info?

see my pic above...

I just looked at mine and where you have member title and birthday listed under basic info mine just has birthday. I checked it using a computer as well, thinking it might have been an iPad glitch, but it shows up the same way using both.

I don't care that much, I thought it might be kinda funny to be a newcomer with 1000 posts, but at my current comment rate that might take me another 15 years.

• Like 1

Heck...I've been hanging around here for close to 8 years and I still feel like a newcomer.

Way too many guys that outrank me in knowledge to worry about titles and points. I just try to enjoy this place and not say something to get booted.

And believe me...at times I've had to erase my comments and start over.

• Like 4