New Wilson Combat X9

phiferran

Yeah, I said I wanted one, until the MSRP was seen.  $2900... No thanks, you can get a custom, built from STI 2011 blanks, gun from Calhoun for that much money.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1

How is this anymore extravagant than any other Wilson Combat custom 1911? All their 1911s are in this price range or more. I personally can't afford one, but can certainly appreciate the time and effort that went into it.

Quality cost money. How nice are you willing to spend?

I'm generally ok on most Wilson Combat products and overall have admired their 1911 pistols. Now with that aside I'll just say this X9 looks freakish and is profoundly more expensive then I'd ever consider paying. So for anyone who want's one good for you...but I'm not even interested in handling one.

7 hours ago, nightrunner said:

How is this anymore extravagant than any other Wilson Combat custom 1911? All their 1911s are in this price range or more. I personally can't afford one, but can certainly appreciate the time and effort that went into it.

Quality cost money. How nice are you willing to spend?

For $3000 you can get a custom, built from scratch double stack 1911 in whatever caliber you want from Calhoun Firearms to the point at which he sits you down and goes over every aspect of the gun to figure out what you want/need.

I'll take that over a wilson combat any day of the week.  You can slap a corvette emblem on a camaro, but it doesn't make the camaro worth as much as the corvette.

38 minutes ago, Spiffy said:

Looks like a 1911 was paid a nighttime visit from a sneaky neighbor Beretta.

Not exactly. I saw posted on one of the 1911 forums that it uses modified PPQ mags made by MecGar. Development was done with help from Walther USA, which evidently is close to Wilsons shop.

Early prototypes were done using Beretta 92 mags but were later changed to PPQ mags.

I do not doubt it is a nice pistol but for that money not a chance I will have one.  There are many good pistols in the $5-600 that will do the same thing.  Now if they do a 5 inch one in .40 cal I would think about it before buying something else.

I'm thinking about picking one up at some point.   No, it isn't a 2011 or 1911 but don't we all have plenty of those?  I'm getting to the point where I really want some novelty.

That being said, I think it's a 1911 under the covers.  Obviously the grip and safety are a bit different.

Edited by ken_mays