? for Dan Wesson owners

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both in 08 model's.

According to the BS answer I got from CZ-USA, that's how they received the frames from the manufacturer.

Surely that's not how they intended them to be made, is it? For a $1000 gun, you'd think those overruns wouldn't be acceptable. Especially not when there are other DW's made correctly.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Guest Tom@GunDepot

My CBOB 45 has no overruns. Also none of the 10mm we have had were like that.

I love my CBOB! For the money they are hard to beat! They :D

Mine has overuns, every one I have seen in person has overuns. The only ones that don't are posted as having been made in the last quarter of 08. But this seems not to be true becuase I have seen pictures and post of pistols dated 10/08 that have overruns. Don't call CZ because they don't have a clue. Call Dan Wesson in New Hampshire.

Guest Tom@GunDepot
If my 10mm comes in with the overrun problem, I guess it will be going back to CZ for a different one.

They have good customer service in my experience with them.

Guest GLOCKGUY
If you have an '08 model DW (semi-auto), is there any overrun marks in the checkering on the front strap?

I'm looking at CBOB 10mm's, and some have what appears to be overrun marks instead of a clean start and finish to the checkering.

Hey TDR just buy a Glock 20 you will be more happier with it. ;)

Hey TDR just buy a Glock 20 you will be more happier with it. :D

Oh god we dont need a Cbob vs Glock arguement.....even with overruns the Cbob is 100x better looking :D Oh wait...did I just start flinging :D Sorry :P

A lot of dealers were giving discounts on the "overruns" last time I checked because they had recieved one in turn. For the money in the 1911 platform I believe its very hard to beat a Dan Wesson...mines just a .45 not a 10mm but its reliable as all get out and takes a daily beating and still has yet to have any hiccups.

They have good customer service in my experience with them.

I talked to Scott, over at Dan Wesson's warranty shop, and he's telling me that they don't consider the overrun an issue, so they can't/won't do anything about it. That was right before Scott told me that DW had been making efforts to fix the problem. So, is it a problem or not?

FWIW, for $55 + shipping, they will remove the extra lines and refinish the frame.

A lot of dealers were giving discounts on the "overruns" last time I checked because they had recieved one in turn.

I'm not doubting you, but that goes against what Scott, at DW's warranty department told me today. They don't consider it any sort of defect. Again, that was right before he admitted to looking for a fix. A fix for an imaginary problem, I guess.

There for awhile on Gunbroker you could get about a $100 discount by buying a new "scratch and dent" gun. That might be a separate batch though. FWIW after beating the hell outta mine and seeing how well it has held up I would definitely go the used and/or scratch and dent route next time. The guns are awesome.

I talked to Scott, over at Dan Wesson's warranty shop, and he's telling me that they don't consider the overrun an issue, so they can't/won't do anything about it. That was right before Scott told me that DW had been making efforts to fix the problem. So, is it a problem or not?

FWIW, for $55 + shipping, they will remove the extra lines and refinish the frame.

I'm not doubting you, but that goes against what Scott, at DW's warranty department told me today. They don't consider it any sort of defect. Again, that was right before he admitted to looking for a fix. A fix for an imaginary problem, I guess.