Gary Boyce Construction?

We are house hunting, found a new home that really has everything we want based on the listing, but the interior is not finished and after scheduling a tour my realtor received a call back saying no tours are allowed yet. We did drive by, love the exterior look and what little we can see through the windows. The house appears to be within a few weeks of completion. 

The builder is not a name I was familiar with, and research has not turned up much (founded in 2004, discovered 5 reviews). Does anyone here have any experience with Gary Boyce Construction, building in Chapel Hill but based out of Shelbyville?

If you do not want to post anything publicly shoot me a message. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Randall53 said:

I'm not familiar with them, but find this:  https://www.buildzoom.com/contractor/gary-boyce-construction-llc  good luck finding your new home

Yeah, that was one of the few things I was able to find last night. 

His name is on several houses that we saw over in the area. They all look very nice, I just would like to know more about dealing with that builder for warranty work and such.

If your lucky enough to be able to get in touch with the builder before he has listed a house through a realtor many times you can deal directly with the builder and buy the house and save a lot of money. I have know several friends that have done that in the past. The only thing is you need to have a loan approval up front when you approach the builder because they will not arrange any mortgage assistance. Hope you get the house you want........good luck!

Well, it may no longer matter. The listing agent of that specific house called back today, and they have a contract on it now. Someone made an offer sight unseen basically - inside is not finished and the builder had no available photos of the expected result which is partially why we were waiting for info.

Oh well, lots of other houses being built, and both new/used pop up on the market daily. We haven't even listed our place yet, expect to this week and we expect an acceptable offer within 24 hours based on recent activity in this neighborhood. I'm not moving out until we find us a good spot, so someone may be waiting for a few weeks (beyond normal closing times) as part of the contingency in the contact.