Remington 870 Parts Question -Nashville Area

Anyone know of an  area parts dealer for used 870 parts?  While working on a 12 GA  for-end tube assembly a couple of idiots put a crease in it,me being one of them.  It is not repairable and now need used tube. I know Police Armorers have boxes of them but are not able to sell to public,and I never get out to Knoxville

Shows ,where the large parts dealers go. Remington says law tubes are same for 12 except Super Magnum. Mine is 3" and pre 1985 without flex tap cut or can use

newer model with a newer slide assembly block. Tried RK &Goodman Shows and parts dealers no longer go.

Thanks For Reading

Will

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A creased tube or dent is not very hard to repair. All you need to do is find an acceptable "dent slug".  A dent slug is simply a piece of steel round stock that is sized to just barely fit into the tube. As you move it down into the tube lubed up, you will need to tap it under the crease. As it is forced into the crease area, you then lay the OD of the tube on the flat of a vise and tap all around the creased area where the dent slug is. You then tap the dent slug in deeper and repeat the hammer taping on the OD on the vice flat. Eventualy you will reform the tube to the point where the slug only has a slight resistance pushed threw end to end. A pump tube doesent have to be perfectly round since the mag tube is considerable smaller in OD. About a 4" long slug or longer is ideal. Sometimes a SAE or Metric socket might be a close enough fit in the tube to tap out the crease over it. Otherwise, a machine shop can make one in about 5 minutes if you give the tube to spec out. Good Luck

Edited by xtriggerman

That was my plan but tube is completely collapsed. Was going to Dremel it out. I took it to my gunsmith who is also Remington Armorer to have him remove nut. He found that the nut had been cross threaded and over tightened. He tried everything to remove it but it was now totaled. He cut the tube so I cold get my handguard back safe.

Thanks

Found parts at local gunsmiths,they will sell spare parts as long as it is something as common as this. i would rather see it in front of me than order it from eBay or such. Thanks all.