M1 Carbine

CalRW&B

Here is some information on the rifle from the CMP site. Just hit the subject listed in blue and it will download it

I have a Inland CMP special I won in the very last lottery they had. Great rifle to shoot. I plan on reloading for it. I have been using the Korean made magazines with no issues.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-carbine/

Edited by R1100R

I have two M1 Carbines. One is an Inland I got from CMP. Its just like Uncle Sam issued them. Great little rifle. Here it is with a few friends. :D

GvhhJEu.jpg

Some years back I picked up a rather challenged Standard Products rifle. I ended up replacing the barrel and stock. So I went ahead and made it into my Zombie rifle. :eek:

nWZFVnK.jpg

3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Some years back I picked up a rather challenged Standard Products rifle. I ended up replacing the barrel and stock. So I went ahead and made it into my Zombie rifle. :eek:

nWZFVnK.jpg

That makes me weep.  Can’t you find a regular stock to make it right?

Aw now don't get upset. :rolleyes: I actually do have a regular stock, but its one of those foreign replacements and in bad need of a refinish. 

Yeah, some may scream BLASPHEMY! But, its certainly no worse than hanging all manner of crap on an AR. :puke:  Besides, I already have a straight up G.I. version. What I've done here is taken an excellent home defense rifle and made it better. Its smaller, lighter, handles like a champ and shoots great.  I've even shot 3 gun matches with it. Ok, I'll grant that its a bit weird, But then so am I. :hyper:

• Like 2

IIRC in the 60's and 70's the Garands were harder to find and higher priced than carbines.  Time changed this such that now Garands are easier to find and carbines frequently bring higher prices if both are in equal condition.  Of course this can vary from one location to another.  For that matter I would hate to spend today's prices for the Garands and carbines I now hold and have had for 30-40 years.  That price would hurt!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of Fulton Armory M1 Carbines that I aquired when my brother passed away. I know very little about them. I don't think he ever fired them. I have had them listed here for a year or so but no takers. I have them for $900 each. One of them is a paratrooper model. Can any of you guys advise or interested. Another member came to my home and inspected them and said they had Criterion barrels. I just want to get as fair a price as I can.

I live in Jacksboro.

• Like 1

Edearl, Fulton Armory makes good stuff, but they're mighty proud of them. I'd say your prices are fair for Fulton rifles, but Its actually cheaper to buy an original M1 Carbine. I pretty sure most people would rather do that. Its as much about owning a piece of history as anything else. 

Why don't you just keep them and enjoy them? 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Edearl, Fulton Armory makes good stuff, but they're mighty proud of them. I'd say your prices are fair for Fulton rifles, but Its actually cheaper to buy an original M1 Carbine. I pretty sure most people would rather do that. Its as much about owning a piece of history as anything else. 

Why don't you just keep them and enjoy them? 

Trying to sell them for his brother's widow.