Welcome to TNGunOwners.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NextExit

NRA Annual Meeting

30 posts in this topic
16 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I am skipping this one.  Access into and out of Atlanta is a nightmare under the best of conditions but the I-85 bridge collapse has succeeded in making it absolutely miserable per good friends who live there.

Dallas next year might actually be a thing for me, though.  I'm really just going to need to watch the industry over the next 8 months and see if it manages to crawl out of the current slump somehow.  Maybe the HPA will gain some traction between now and then.

That, the additional bridge traffic, hadn't really sunk in until I read this from TGO David; but I'd already given a lot of thought to bypassing this one anyway.

I went to the Nashville and Louisville meetings. All the walking just about destroyed me. Bad knees and feet made all that huge walking area darn near impossible for me. I didn't mind the crowds. Not even all the jostling about while trying to get from one both to another deterred me. Even when I'd lose track of where I was in all the strange number and pattern configurations of the booths.

But the lack of sitting space was lethal. An old man like me just can't walk and stand for that duration of time. lol

I would still like to go, but even with all that, and even having family I could stay with for a few days, I think I'll pass this year and let you younger, sturdier guys have it. And I still haven't gotten rid of all the freebie bags, magazines, and other junk I should already have thrown out.

Would I like to go? Yes. But not this time.

Now a little advice for you guys going, if this might be your first time. Carry nothing. No bags, backpacks, or fanny packs. Even personal shoulder bags will be filled very quickly with handouts and the like.

Well...maybe a small fanny pack for a couple of energy bars or the like. All that walking and talking will drain you quickly. Very quickly.

You will get a decent bag to stash your goodies in almost immediately. 

But do go if you can. It's a great time to be had.

It's normal. Mine have always come the last week before the event. I was expecting to have them by today, but even if they don't arrive before I leave for Atlanta, it's no big deal. Just register at the door.

Mine never came last year and I made the deadline for registration

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last year mine came 3 weeks before the event, that's why I'm concerned about not having mine yet.

Sent from Mandalore Outpost 3

1 person likes this

Last year mine came 3 weeks before the event, that's why I'm concerned about not having mine yet.

Sent from Mandalore Outpost 3

I got mine for Nashville but not Louisville

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Both my Nashville and Louisville tickets came just a week before the shows. I was a bit worried, but as has been mentioned; you can check in at the show really easily. And the wait in line was really pretty short and moved quickly.

Just get there as early as you can manage, or just wait an hour or so after opening to avoid the rush.

Caution alert! If you have a phobia about crowds...avoid Saturday. It was killer at both locations for me.