• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Sumner Gun & Supply said:

"Honey, it's home!" WOW! Now that's one nice M&P....

You know it.  Stock up on them!  As word gets out, folks are going to want them more and more.  Smith & Wesson did a good job marketing the M2.0 but I think they still somehow managed to miss the skeptics with their appeal.  I know for a fact I was one of them.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just installed my Apex Flat forward facing trigger kit, man what a difference it now feels like a 1911 with 4.5 Lbs it is perfection 

Did you get the full size or compact? I had to sand down the grip texture on my compact a bit for carry but with the full apex flat face kit and some new sights it’s the best carry gun I’ve ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, tntnixon said:

What ya doin’?

As of right now, waiting for someone to come out with a bleeding threaded barrel for it. Once that happens then it’s going to be a suppressor host/ carry gun that could probably be mistaken for a competition gun. Apex internals, RDS, that sort of thing. 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

As of right now, waiting for someone to come out with a bleeding threaded barrel for it. Once that happens then it’s going to be a suppressor host/ carry gun that could probably be mistaken for a competition gun. Apex internals, RDS, that sort of thing. 

Blacklist has you covered, homeslice...

https://www.blacklistind.com/products/smith-wesson-2-0-ultra-match-barrels

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, willis68 said:

Just put 50 rounds through it with the new trigger, oh my God I am in love with this pistol I may get another and fit it exactly like this one 

I told you!  :D

I am going to be parting with a few things from my collection soon simply because I have committed to using my time at the range to practice with what I carry, rather than being "flavor of the month" with new toys all the time.  At least one more M&P M2.0 Compact will be coming home to live with me as a result.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I have been considering a M&P M2.0 Compact.  I have never replaced a trigger.  How hard is it to replace the trigger with the Apex trigger?

Not hard to do at all.  About 20-30 minutes worth of work, including getting out and putting away your tools, to do it without rushing.

I just received my Apex Aluminum Action Enhancement Trigger & Duty Carry Kit for my compact.  I put the polymer version in my full-size and had been holding off on the Compact until I could find another kit on sale.  That happened a little earlier this week.  :D

• Administrator

Finished installing the aluminum trigger in my Compact.  If I were to do it again, I'd have bought another of the polymer triggers.  I don't see any functional difference in them at all, and the aluminum trigger has an open area on the right-hand side of the trigger itself that the poly trigger doesn't have.  The Apex guys say that it's because of the machining process whereas the poly trigger is injection molded and doesn't require that.

Plus, the poly trigger is about $25-30 cheaper.

I hate to hear that the 2.0 Compact needs an Apex trigger also.

I have had six M&P handguns, still have four. I was always okay with the triggers; nothing to brag about but not bad. My last full size C.O.R.E that was supposed to be a “Performance Center” had a trigger that was absolute garbage. Even after two trips back to S&W they couldn’t/wouldn’t do anything with it. I had to put an Apex in it.

4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I have had six M&P handguns, still have four. I was always okay with the triggers; nothing to brag about but not bad. My last full size C.O.R.E that was supposed to be a “Performance Center” had a trigger that was absolute garbage. Even after two trips back to S&W they couldn’t/wouldn’t do anything with it. I had to put an Apex in it.

Honestly, the stock trigger was fine in mine, I just wanted a flat facing one in mine 

12 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

There is nothing wrong with the stock trigger on the M2.0 Compact IMHO. Some folks just want a little more.  I’m very happy with mine.

Archived