Gunsmithing Services

View Advert

Hey guys, many of you know me here but I've had a lot of folks inquire about services or see something and not know that I offered that.  My biz name is a little misleading I apologize for that. I'm a full service gunsmithing shop that does 99% labor type work. I moved my shop to Oliver Springs a little over a year ago.  Things are running great so I wanted to throw this out there in case you need anything I can provide.

First and foremost I will work on almost anything.  I have been working on guns for 35 years now.  Started off at my grandfather's pawn shop back in the early 80s. I moved to Oak Ridge in 2008 and opened Law Enforcement Sales early 2010 and have been steady smithing since.  Since inception I have had a 07/02 manufacturing license for both title 1 and title 2 firearms.  Began heavily on the LE side but my customer base has grown more than I could have ever imagined and I now do way more work for the general public. 

Little about me, I have been a commissioned law enforcement officer since 2001, worked 7 years as a SC State Constable working all over the state.  I am currently serving as a Sergeant with the Anderson County Sheriff's Department which I joined in 2008 and have been an active Reserve Deputy with them since. I am also a VP at Wells Fargo bank working in their securities/loss area as a Software Engineer. 

I've compile a list of things I usually work on but again, the sky is the limit.  I will 100% be upfront if there is a job I am not comfortable with.  I have not done everything but I have found I tend to get the more difficult jobs around the area none of the other smiths want to deal with.  I feel my prices are very competitive and I always charge what a job is worth not what my time invested is. 

Services

Sales

• Affiliated with most the industries distributors.  I don't do much retail because of TN's sales tax it's currently impossible to compete with the internet.  I want you guys to get the best price you can but I do have those customers who want to buy from me and I don't mind helping search something down and getting it.
  • I am a East TN SilencerCo SPEQ dealer.  They offer great prices to LE, Military, First Responders (EMS, etc.).  Call for special pricing.  They offer a couple times per year this discount to Veterans too.

Transfers

• Title 1 transfers - $20 INCLUDEDs TBI background. I WILL accept transfer in from private parties and it doesn't matter if I can get the item or even have the item in stock - no games!
  • Title 2/NFA transfers - $35 - I'll happily help/review your paperwork.  Been in NFA for 30 years.

Barrel Work 

• Shortening
  • Threading - most done on CNC Lathe
  • Crowning
  • Pinning (compensators) - installing and removing
  • Contouring
  • Head spacing
  • Install AR Extensions / replace broken alignment pins, etc.
  • I do some chambering.. full barrel blanks (7.62/308/9mm/7.62x39,22, etc.) .. and existing re-chambering ...40 to 10mm, etc - will be offering additional calibers as they come.

Receiver/Bolt Work

• Engraving - NFA, Images, etc.
  • Extractor installs / Sako M16 extractors, etc.
  • Bolt knob threading/installs - Badger, etc.
  • Changing bolt face calibers (where feasible)
  • Receiver / Bolt face truing
  • Various repairs

Parts Kit Builds/Repair

• HK Style - Can roll/weld flats, demil parts kits, build 922 compliant semi autos.
  • AK Style - Can roll flats, weld rails, Rivet trunnions, trigger guards, stock trunnions, etc. (NoDak is so cheap it's probably moot now but can do it either way)
  • RPDs
  • PKMs - Designed a new semi trigger pack that utilizes 99% AR internals.  Custom machine a new hammer and recoil assembly.  My conversions do not use that ugly recoil rod that most do that has to protrude through the middle of the rear stock.  Everything is internal.
  • MACs
  • UZIs
  • VK59s
  • List could go on and on ....

ALL of the above can also be machined to post sample select fire status for LE agencies

Refinishing

• Parkerizing
  • Cerakote
  • Duracoat
  • At the moment I do not do cammo patterns.  Sorry I have a couple of master refinishers I can refer you to for those services.

Handguns

• RMR/Reddot milling -not just flat, proper radiused front WITH all 4 indexing posts (RMR)
  • Slide serrations, windows, etc.
  • Sight removal/install
  • Dovetail milling
  • Recoil/Hammer Stud replacement (revolvers)
  • Cylinder Reaming/Honing
  • Picatinny/Weaver rail drill/tapping, etc.

General repair / parts replacement

• If I can't find a replacement part I can often machine something.
  • I do a lot of fixing stuff.. machine guns, rifles, heir looms, etc...

Custom Machining

• Above is just a sample of services I can do.  I have 2 production class HAAS CNC machines, both a Lathe and a 4th Axis VMC.  I also have a 54" Monarch lathe that I haven't ran out of room with and an old Bridgeport milling machine.  Old 1940s vintage good stuff!  I do odd work on non guns stuff too - Motorcycle parts, RV car parts, you name it.

I co host a 3-4 machinegun shoots across the states and neighboring areas per year.  If you'll follow my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LawEnforcementSalesTN/ or our hosting page https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=beltfed brothers we'll post our event information.  It's a nice opportunity to get some real seat time behind a lot of the equipment we don't normally get to shoot.  We have a M134 Minigun (4K rd/min), Several M60s, M240, couple of M249s, M16s, Mp5s, slew of other fun stuff.  Don't be Knob Creek and watch come shoot for yourself!!

I also post smithing jobs I'm working on as time permits.

Feel free to IM or email me for any service questions. 

Thank you ALL for your continued support!  Stay Safe!

Michael Dresner

Law Enforcement Sales

IMG_6016.JPG

IMG_6017.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG

IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6079.JPG

IMG_6117.JPG

IMG_6125.JPG

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
Pictures
  • Like 14
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not trying to beat you up here.  Just alerting you to a potential conflict of interest.  If it's acceptable, then no worries.

I really do wish you well in your endeavors as a gunsmith.  I am a huge fan of success stories.

However, I have 1 issue with your posting about gunsmithing.  You state that you're currently a Sergeant with the local county sheriff's office.  When I was in the military, it was a violation of ethics to use your position/rank/enlistment status for personal gain.  I don't know if this is true with the civilian police forces.  Like I said, I'm a huge fan of the entrepreneur and small business and wish you all the best.  I was just trying to protect your position with the sheriff's office by alerting you to the possible conflict of interest.

Have an awesome day!

• Administrator

I honestly don't think that applies to most police departments.  Countless well-known trainers in the firearms industry, for example, include their status with law enforcement agencies in their curricula vitae.  Unless he just outright advertises, "Come do business with me because I am a Seargent with Big Metro Tennessee Police Department Name Here" it really isn't an ethical issue.

• Like 1
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, KaNaPaPi said:

Not trying to beat you up here.  Just alerting you to a potential conflict of interest.  If it's acceptable, then no worries.

I really do wish you well in your endeavors as a gunsmith.  I am a huge fan of success stories.

However, I have 1 issue with your posting about gunsmithing.  You state that you're currently a Sergeant with the local county sheriff's office.  When I was in the military, it was a violation of ethics to use your position/rank/enlistment status for personal gain.  I don't know if this is true with the civilian police forces.  Like I said, I'm a huge fan of the entrepreneur and small business and wish you all the best.  I was just trying to protect your position with the sheriff's office by alerting you to the possible conflict of interest.

Have an awesome day!

Sorry, hadn't been on in a while .. I truly appreciate anyone and everyone looking out for me, God knows I can use all the help I can get ;o) .. no offense taken I feel it was delivered with positive intentions of concern.  

As for my Posse, as always, I appreciate the kind words and your confidence in my abilities.

Stay safe guys!

• Like 2

I finally got my 45ACP suppressor out of jail. In anticipation of this eventuality, I had the 5" barrel on my Quarter Ten Circle 9mm AR turned .578x28 so I could directly thread the can on without an adapter.

The work performed by Law Enforcement Sales was flawless and the function is wonderful.

I highly recommend this courteous and professional business.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...