Have they stopped making 327 Magnums

Well there weren't that many made to start with.

2-3 inch barrel in a revolver period, regardless of caliber, would seriously restrict your options. The classic S&W J frame has a 1.875" or 1 7/8" barrel. Is 1/8" or .125" that much of a difference? 3" revolvers have always been somewhat rare and highly coveted, mostly due to balance and the shortest barrel length with a full length ejector rod and stroke for positive ejection. 4" is the standard service sized barrel length. 

What your looking for will be a rare bird indeed.

• Like 1

I don't know if the 1.875" barrel is to short or not. I'm going to Bud's in a little bit and hopefully try one out. I am really wanting a 3" but thought a 2" was the absolute shortest I wanted to go. I'm finding out about the rarity lol as I can't find one at all. Thanks for your help.

Taurus made 2" and 3" M327 [605 frame] SS, blued, two-tone, even a ported 3"

Charter Arms made a SS 3" (?) and still makes a 2"(?) in 32 H&Rmagnum

S&W made three M632's, 3" SS and 3" Armornite (black) Magna-Ported, and a 2" SS fluted barrel hammerless

Ruger made/makes several configurations , especially the SP101 3.14"bbl, but only has a snub now in the 1.87"bbl LCR hammerless [still have the SP101 4.1"bbl, 4.5"-5.5"-7.5" Single-Sevens

Henry Rifles is releasing a Big Boy lever in .327fed  in April.....two different barrel lengths

• Like 2

Well I think, if I can't find a 327 Magnum in the next few days, I'm just gonna buy another 357 Magnum but in 7 shot and with a 3" barrel. The reason for the barrel length is I'm in a wheelchair and wear an ankle holster. I would rather keep my carry guns on the smaller size so I won't look like I'm packing a cannon on the inside of my leg. My SR9C that I carry in colder weather is a little big but not to big but my Glock 42 that I carry in the warmer months looks less obvious. This MS is starting to affect my left hand and I'm having a hard time racking the slide on my semi-auto's so I've decided to switch to revolvers. I've got an ad posted in the wanted section on here so hopefully something will come through. I have bought several firearms from different members on our wonderful forum and every purchase was a pleasant one.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Camaro_nut2001 said:

Thanks OZO for the info. I'm actually looking for a Charter and Taurus brand along with a Smith and a Ruger. I can't find any brand in the barrel length I'm wanting other than a Smith one of our members found for me at a price of over $1400.00. I'm not paying that lol.

$1400????? OUCH ! They were $800 new [S&W M632] I can see 'saying' I wouldn't sell mine for $1400, but I would never sell it at a rip like that......'cause I won't sell any of mine.

Why not a new Ruger LCR .327fed, it seems like it would work great in your situation.

58 minutes ago, ozo said:

$1400????? OUCH ! They were $800 new [S&W M632] I can see 'saying' I wouldn't sell mine for $1400, but I would never sell it at a rip like that......'cause I won't sell any of mine.

Why not a new Ruger LCR .327fed, it seems like it would work great in your situation.

I've narrowed it down to the LCR .327 or the S&W M686 Plus at Bud's and will make my final decision by the first of the week. I want to give our classifieds a chance and I'm watching Armslist.

• Like 1