Sign in to follow this  
TGO David

Sig MPX 9mm with Pistol Brace

So I have been bitten by the PDW bug and on the advice of several of our members, assembled this Sig MPX 9mm with SB Tactical pistol brace and Vortex Razor 3MOA red dot sight on an ADM riser.

Enjoy. :)

i-F8mggxQ-600x450.jpg

• Like 13

Man that is slick. I would definitely be putting one together if I hadn't just purchased a zev tech slide and in the middle of a .308 AR build. That is the best looking pdw stock I have seen on a MPX.  To many things I want and not enough money.

• Like 1

Of course I have to point out that it is very much a pistol brace and not a stock. It works very well braced against the cheek or the chest if you have eyesight problems. I would never ever shoulder it since the BATFE has stated that if shouldered, through some wizardry, you have altered the device and made it a stock despite the fact that alternative use of a tool does not alter the tool in any other realm of reality I've ever experienced. 

I mean, if I pick up a laptop computer and hit a baseball with it, it did not magically become a baseball bat. 

Its important for us to know these things. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

I mean, if I pick up a laptop computer and hit a baseball with it, it magically became a baseball bat. (ye I did a small edit)

David the wizard, can you make my wife happy?:confused:

Sorry about the hijack, sweet pistol!!!:drool:

Very nice. I will eventually fork out the $250 for the same brace. That's a much better option than the side folding brace. 

21 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

@TGO David, have you seen the carbon fiber hand-guards by Lancer? They are almost 50% lighter than the factory hand-guard and look really slick.

https://www.rainierarms.com/lancer-systems-sig-mpx-replacement-carbon-fiber-handguard-mlok

I will have to keep those in mind.  Eventually, I will want to suppress this thing so shedding a little weight with a CF handguard would be a nice way to offset that heft of the suppressor.  Nice!

10 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

That's a nice looking gun! 

Thanks!  It's a lot of fun to shoot too. :)

@Erik88, like @Fourtyfive said, shop for your SB brace at Optics Planet.  Don't hesitate to use their live chat feature to contact them and ask for a better deal on it either.  I got a 10% coupon the other day and paid $180 for mine, shipped.

• Like 3

On 3/13/2017 at 8:13 AM, LawVol said:

looks great.  I go back and forth on whether to get an SB brace while I wait for my stamp.  

Are you doing a Form 1 to SBR it?

Yes, but I just sent it in at the beginning of the month.  I have a loooong way to go.

The SB brace almost makes me re-think going the SBR route, except that I need a real stock to shoot it in PCC matches.

51 minutes ago, LawVol said:

Yes, but I just sent it in at the beginning of the month.  I have a loooong way to go.

The SB brace almost makes me re-think going the SBR route, except that I need a real stock to shoot it in PCC matches.

That's the only reason I'd SBR one.  I like the "brace" since I can just toss it in a case and travel anywhere that allows handguns without filing a Form 20.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:31 AM, TGO David said:

Of course I have to point out that it is very much a pistol brace and not a stock. It works very well braced against the cheek or the chest if you have eyesight problems. I would never ever shoulder it since the BATFE has stated that if shouldered, through some wizardry, you have altered the device and made it a stock despite the fact that alternative use of a tool does not alter the tool in any other realm of reality I've ever experienced. 

I mean, if I pick up a laptop computer and hit a baseball with it, it did not magically become a baseball bat. 

Its important for us to know these things. 

Ya, I have a 'telescopic' on a Contender.  I can put a 14"bbl and use it as a brace, or put a 16"bbl and extend it into a stock.

I think it transforms somehow on a molecular level......some kind of magical or nano-science chemistry or physics.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:00 AM, TGO David said:

So I have been bitten by the PDW bug and on the advice of several of our members, assembled this Sig MPX 9mm with SB Tactical pistol brace and Vortex Razor 3MOA red dot sight on an ADM riser.

Enjoy. :)

i-F8mggxQ-600x450.jpg

Just mounted mine yesterday. After putting the long screw in across the rail it still has a ton of slop in it, the set screws locked it down. Looks like a little more thought could have gone into the mount to me. I am quite pleased otherwise, it fits under the arm for point and shoot quite well now.

6 minutes ago, Fourtyfive said:

Just mounted mine yesterday. After putting the long screw in across the rail it still has a ton of slop in it, the set screws locked it down. Looks like a little more thought could have gone into the mount to me. I am quite pleased otherwise, it fits under the arm for point and shoot quite well now.

I have zero slop in mine but I did obsess for a few extra minutes to adjust the set screws to where they provided adequate stabilization and tightened them down snugly.

Agreed, there is no slop after the set screws are tightened down. But until they are inserted it seems like quite a loose fit. Did yours not wiggle all around until the set screws were put in?

Edited by Fourtyfive

44 minutes ago, Fourtyfive said:

Agreed, there is no slop after the set screws are tightened down. But until they are inserted it seems like quite a loose fit. Did yours not wiggle all around until the set screws were put in?

Yes, of course.  That's what the set screws are for. :)

2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Yes, of course.  That's what the set screws are for. :)

Understood, just wondered if mine was any different.....

Mine is supposed to arrive Tuesday. I'll report back once I have it installed. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 1:44 PM, Erik88 said:

Mine is supposed to arrive Tuesday. I'll report back once I have it installed. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.

Well........?

34 minutes ago, Fourtyfive said:

Well........?

It's really good quality and comfortable. I was a little disappointed with the weight. If I had to do it over I don't know that I would buy one again. It's nice but not sure it's worth $200.

Part of my hesitation is my buyers regret of the MPX. I love the gun but I'm disappointed with the reliability. To pay this much and it not be flawless is unacceptable. I'm just not that impressed with Sig anymore. Only 1out of 3 I've owned has run right.