Multiple handgun purchases

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to buy 2 handgun here in the great state of Tennessee my FFL told me he has to notify the sheriff and send a form to ATF. Is that true? Will I be on the naughty list?

Never heard of this, and I've got several handguns.

Is this a "Double Secret Probation" list?

Guest canynracer

anytime you buy more than one handgun at the same time from the same store, they do it...

most of the time they dont tell you, but they do it...and its sent to the ATF...

Guest canynracer

yep...and your IP adresses have been recorded, they follow you home from the gun stores, they know EXACTLY where you put them, and they have "chipped" your dog with a mic, and mini cam. also, through your cell phones...They are listening to you RIGHT now...so just stay cool...everything will be all right...relax

heheheh

I bought 2 at a gun show once, but from 2 different dealers.

Me, the second dealer, and the agent on the phone all had a good laugh, because she had just dealt with the first dealer and knew who I was.

I bought 2 from Franklin Gun Shop at the same time and never had a problem.

I was paying with Ben Franklins and they were more than willing to accomodate.

Sounds like your dealer has been burned in the past or is a little "gun" shy.....

Yes, there is a form to fill out by the FFL holder if a person is purchasing 2 or more handguns, or if they have purchased 2 or more handguns in the last 5 business days.

So, theoretically if you purchase 2 handguns today, the form should be filled out.

If you purchase a handgun on Monday then another on Wednesday (from the same dealer) the form should be filled out and it will include both handguns.

Since there's really nothing on there that requires any interaction from the purchaser, these forms may be filled out without you knowing it, lovely huh?

I ordered one online and had it sent to Tom that owns GFA here in Nashville before he had the store opened. I also made a purchase from him at the same time that I got possession on the internet purchase. He only charged me for one BG check and his transfer fee. I listened to him as he made the call and he gave them the serial numbers on both guns.

I ordered one online and had it sent to Tom that owns GFA here in Nashville before he had the store opened. I also made a purchase from him at the same time that I got possession on the internet purchase. He only charged me for one BG check and his transfer fee. I listened to him as he made the call and he gave them the serial numbers on both guns.

You can buy two guns on one tics check. Tom still had to fill out the multiple gun purchase form and send it in. All ffl's have to, they just rarely say anything to the customer about it.

I was going to buy 2 handgun here in the great state of Tennessee my FFL told me he has to notify the sheriff and send a form to ATF. Is that true? Will I be on the naughty list?

Ive never heard of that,but apparently they do.....hooknew! :shrugs:

On a side note,I see you're here in the noog.Which shop was honest enough to divulge this to you?

Ive bought more then one before and never had a thing said to me.

Skip,is about the most honest dealer around,but Ive never bought more then one at the same time from him though

Hmmm, Interesting. So you have a special form with your name and some serial numbers sent to the ATF and local Sheriff. You're probably entered into the "Gun Nut" database and God know what other systems.

May not be "registration" but you sure as hell are kept track of!

Guest canynracer
Hmmm, Interesting. So you have a special form with your name and some serial numbers sent to the ATF and local Sheriff. You're probably entered into the "Gun Nut" database and God know what other systems.

May not be "registration" but you sure as hell are kept track of!

the form is faxed or mailed to ATF....

It's true. ATF Form 3310.

Executed for all handguns purchased from a single dealer in a span of 5 consecutive business days. Lists the firearm by make, model, caliber, serial number. Also includes dates of transfer as well as your name, address, date of birth and all identifying information as it appears on the 4473.

A copy is faxed to the ATF by close of business, mailed to the local CLEA and kept with the 4473.

It's a bit of a pain to keep track of who bought what and when, but it has to be done.

It's true. ATF Form 3310.

Executed for all handguns purchased from a single dealer in a span of 5 consecutive business days. Lists the firearm by make, model, caliber, serial number. Also includes dates of transfer as well as your name, address, date of birth and all identifying information as it appears on the 4473.

A copy is faxed to the ATF by close of business, mailed to the local CLEA and kept with the 4473.

It's a bit of a pain to keep track of who bought what and when, but it has to be done.

Is it supposed to be destroyed by the ATF after a certain period of time like 4473?

I guess even if it is though the Chief Law Enforcement Officer still would have a copy.