Tennessee Fly Fishing

It's so river specific. I'd try zebra midges dropped from a black caddis. I can't imagine that won't catch fish.

If you see fish rising I'd be looking to throw a BWO emerger below a BWO dry.

Soon in the afternoons you'll start to see Slate Drakes (Isonychia) hatching.

If you don't see fish rising stick to nymphs they'll be the most productive and try to focus on a good drift.

Don't give up on the streamers. They'll always produce. Change up color. Go to lighter to mimic shad that might be coming through the dam. Or pic up a Clouser minnow. Lots of rivers are seeing high numbers of shad right now and trout are eating them.

Most of all be patient and keep fishing

Appreciate the advice. A friend of mine was using a batman terrestrial the other day and tore them up. I'm still learning on what flies to throw during different times of the day. Any suggestions on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the advice. A friend of mine was using a batman terrestrial the other day and tore them up. I'm still learning on what flies to throw during different times of the day. Any suggestions on that?

Midges all day everyday

Terrestrial will work all day but more productive later in summer usually.

Otherwise it's just a matter of what's hatching when. Bug hatches are usually coordinated with sunlight and water temp. So sometimes that's first light and dusk. Sometimes that's afternoon. Some days if its overcast there won't be a hatch other days there will. Just keep and eye on the bugs you see flying, what they are, what time of day it is/conditions, and are the trout being active.
  • Like 2
There is a new fly shop/angling store opening in Charleston, TN.  Does anyone know if they are open yet and exactly where they are located?

I think you are talking about Hiwassee anglers. I talked to Caleb Luzader who is running it.

f694e8334dbb4557a7b1656669a9c14c.png

They open the 22 of April and the address is in the Bio.