So who has gotten a lifetime HCP?

58 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

And wait 33 years for it to start saving you any bucks. :)

- OS

You're assuming that they never go up in price. They could pass constitutional carry or politics in Nashville could change and 5 years from now they might be $100 a year. I just eliminated the gamble. By the way Oh Shoot, I'm not taking any financial advice from you since I listened to you before and bet all my money on Hillary. 

Edited by Eray
  • Like 1
On 3/15/2017 at 7:54 PM, Eray said:

I just went and renewed today. Bought a lifetime for my wife and myself. At age 66. Had to go in person as they wanted a new photo.

6 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

And wait 33 years for it to start saving you any bucks. :)

- OS

Don't discount the value of my time. I'm self employed. I try to Bill at a rate of no less than $75.00/hour for actual time worked.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Eray said:

You're assuming that they never go up in price. They could pass constitutional carry or politics in Nashville could change and 5 years from now they might be $100 a year. I just eliminated the gamble. By the way Oh Shoot, I'm not taking any financial advice from you since I listened to you before and bet all my money on Hillary.

Assume, ha. yep go ahead.  Certainly all kinds of things can and may happen.  Trumps budget passes or a portion of and the state of Tennessee could start a state income tax to make ends meet, pay for meals on wheels and such.  Now what ya gonna do?  To me and to me only it made no sense to spend the money for lifetime permit.  I have no intentions/plans of calling Tennessee home for a lifetime.  When I pickup my  lottery winnings my next stop is over at the Provost motor home facility for me one them customized monsters.  Me my wife and American express is gonna be motoring.

I'll even pour "Oh Shoot" a cup coffee or two fingers of fine Tennessee whiskey when we stop over in Nashville to see the daughter and grand kids.

1 hour ago, Jeb48 said:

Let's see I'll be 70 when I need to renew, break even at 102 or so, I'll have to think about it.

When you think about it, Think if you will feel like standing in line 45 minutes at the DMV to renew your permit when you are 95. LOL

1 minute ago, Eray said:

When you think about it, Think if you will feel like standing in line 45 minutes at the DMV to renew your permit when you are 95. LOL

I'll be more than happy to stand any where at all should I live to be that old.

- OS

• Like 4
On 3/17/2017 at 8:40 AM, tnhawk said:

At my age, every time I renew, I think it is probably a lifetime renewal.

Since none of us know when our expiration date is (no matter what age we are), I also consider everything a lifetime renewal.  But I'm not getting a lifetime HCP...if I wanted a lifetime commitment, I'd get married :P 

On 3/19/2017 at 3:25 PM, gregintenn said:

I'd give 2 grand to never set foot in a DMV again.

My wife and intend to get lifetime renewals week after next.

I thought the consensus was that you will still have to go at some point in the future to have a new picture taken...?

1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

I thought the consensus was that you will still have to go at some point in the future to have a new picture taken...?

I'm sure that is the case. I said I would pay to not have to go back. I never meant to infer it was possible.

• Like 1
On 3/15/2017 at 7:37 PM, Ugly said:

I have learned in the past that if you go to a Podunk town DMV, the wait and frustration isn't so bad.

I've only had to go to the one in Harriman so far, so maybe that's why, but OMG you folks have NO idea!

Coming from NY, the DMV down here is a downright PLEASURE to do business with!

The people speak ENGLISH! There's no urine on the floor! Processes are simple, fee's reasonable, paperwork is NOT written in 22 other languages, you don't feel like an international traveller in the waiting area, and you'll be spoken to politely and with respect!

Never once had that experience in NY, you've really got it great down here, trust me!

- K

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, 2nd4ever said:

Renewed mine 3/24. I went eith lifetime. At 47 I still see $200 a cost saver in the long run. Let's be honest, odds are the fee will go up at some point.

So far though,  it has come down.

- OS

10 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

I've only had to go to the one in Harriman so far, so maybe that's why, but OMG you folks have NO idea!

Coming from NY, the DMV down here is a downright PLEASURE to do business with!

The people speak ENGLISH! There's no urine on the floor! Processes are simple, fee's reasonable, paperwork is NOT written in 22 other languages, you don't feel like an international traveller in the waiting area, and you'll be spoken to politely and with respect!

Never once had that experience in NY, you've really got it great down here, trust me!

- K

:confused:  What part of NY?  I never experienced anything like that.  In & out in no time.  They're definitely by the book but I didn't experience rudeness or urine on the floor.  (Then again, that might be normal in the lower Hudson valley and the 5 boroughs :P ) 

FWIW Sevier County is terrific.  I made the fatal mistake of going to Straw Plains once.... never again :wall:

I was in southern Adirondack mts. No urine on the floor, but plenty of rudnes, and stupid amounts of paper and very high fees.

The NYS CCW was a separate brand of pain and torment about 20 times as bad as NYS DMV, and 1 million times worse than TN CCW

I did it today. No problem on my end. My wife, however, also needed to renew her driver's license. They told her that her name on her social security card and her driver's license didn't match. They could override it one time, but she couldn't renew it again afterword.

She either can go to court somewhere and have the name changed on her driver's license, or go to the SSA office and get her name changed on her SS card.

We've been married for 22 years, and this has just now become a problem. Dealing with .gov is always an adventure!:D

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I did it today. No problem on my end. My wife, however, also needed to renew her driver's license. They told her that her name on her social security card and her driver's license didn't match. They could override it one time, but she couldn't renew it again afterword.

She either can go to court somewhere and have the name changed on her driver's license, or go to the SSA office and get her name changed on her SS card.

We've been married for 22 years, and this has just now become a problem. Dealing with .gov is always an adventure!:D

I think post 9/11 They have started cracking down on that more but I could be wrong.

My dad had to legally change is name when he moved to TX a few years ago.

His drivers lincense said Bill but his birth certificate said Billy. Just like your wife, this hasn't been an issue for him his entire life.

49 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I think post 9/11 They have started cracking down on that more but I could be wrong.

My dad had to legally change is name when he moved to TX a few years ago.

His drivers lincense said Bill but his birth certificate said Billy. Just like your wife, this hasn't been an issue for him his entire life.

LOL! And today it wasn't an issue. In 8 years, for some reason, it will be.

On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 6:00 PM, Oh Shoot said:

So far though,  it has come down.

- OS

I agree with you on that point. I was saying it to future reference. Sorry if I was misleading in any way. I wonder how long it will stay that cost is why I took the option.