Fallen from grace

kesava

Today, I went to the range. I took my the whole arsenal. I'm loving shooting with P320. It's so nice. The trigger is the best non 1911 trigger I've handled. Then I went to shoot my Kahr beloved CM9.... So long and squishy. I dont like having such different trigger experiences. Thinking of the P938... The P320 sub compact is a bit too thick for EDC. What are your thoughts on the P938?

This is the exact reason I got rid of my Cm9 after 3yrs of non-stop carry, it was just too different to maintain consistency without lots of practice. Personally, I don't like the 938, it is 1911-ish but I can't use the safety effectively as it is too far back in the hand, not anywhere near as natural as a standard frame 1911. 

I eventually "standardized" on glock and 1911's. My carry gun for the foreseeable future is the g43.

Firearms are like birds and women, they're all different. The only bad thing I've found when you break out a good variety are the differences. If you spread the time out between them with days it's not so dramatic inmo. It is tough to compare anything to a 1911 trigger wise and could possibly lead to, dare I say, selling something! 

It's very difficult to make a drawbar type trigger have the short take up and short reset of the stirrup trigger of a 1911. They are miles apart as a matter of design.

I love my 226 Legion SAO trigger but it's not as good as any of my 1911 triggers when considering only take up and reset.

I was never a fan of striker triggers back in the day of gen 1 glocks. I was a 1911 guy only, no Tupper ware for me...

Fast forward to today I'm still not a glock fan but it's about grip angle now. I carry a P320, solidly in Tupper ware country now...

I've found that when I get out the whole collection I notice the "bad" triggers more than the good. Interestingly shooting DA revolvers has never been a problem, the triggers are heavy but smooth and consistant. I used to have a kahr, and a few others that went down the road because they didn't have the feel I wanted. Others have liked those weapons a lot and I'm glad for it. 

I'll agree with Ugly that it's more noticeable when shooting a group of guns together. If I shoot the 1911s separate from my striker guns I don't find myself thinking I wish my P320 had a 1911 like trigger.

To answer your question I've thought about the 938 but don't think I'm going to do it. I'm more inclined to go subcompact for the P320, or buy a P290rs, but then again I edc a compact P320 now. In the end practice even dry fire with your edc will do wonders for improving how you feel about your edc trigger.

The 938 has quality inconsistencies that I have seen. The front posts don't sit on the slide on some. You could fit more than a single business card above the slide and below the sight. Guide rod issues and the inconsistent service quality with the Sig home office have burned that bridge for me. They went cheap when they changed from Sig Arms. 

I consider trigger (both pull and reset) to be one of the most important aspects in my choices of weapons (right behind reliability, which is MOST important).  Many do not agree with this, but it is my opinion.  If that is important to you, then go with a weapon with a better trigger--who cares what anyone else thinks.  There are plenty of guys around who have made REAL fortunes modifying and improving triggers--for a reason.  Yes I CAN shoot weapons with bad triggers--I just don't like to.  Get what you like.  Don't shoot and certainly don't carry what you don't like (unless you want to, then do.)

The P320 Compact is the pistol that finally replaced the Glock 19 as my EDC. LOve, love, love the trigger and the grip angle......it just feels at home in my hand. The P320s I have currently are both Medium size frames but I am on the wishlist at several places for the small frame.......I am fine with the medium for carry but at $44.00 it is easy and cheap to try different thickness frames. My wife replaced her Glock 19 with my first P320 after one trip to the range.....oh well it gave me a reason to buy another. P320 will not disappoint.

My other favorite carry gun is a Kahr K9.......never really liked the polymer Kahrs but the stainless K9 with the elite trigger and a little bit of polishing has one of the nicest(a bit long) triggers I have ever felt on a striker fired gun. It is heavy and single stack though so it does not get used as much anymore.

Funny, my wife "borrowed" my first P320. I picked up a second, and also got her the small grip module. Now I'll never get it back, the other day we were joking around about it and she told me that she had traded me her M&P Shield for it...

She certainly shoots the SIG better.

I have a hard time just giving up on any gun but those that I have sent down the road did so because they didn't fit in in some way. I wouldn't be too quick about getting rid of anything if you can afford not to. After all it only took me most of 20 years to like a poly striker pistol.

• Like 1

My only complaint with mine is that I have the tendency to hit the mag release when shooting it. I'm sure if I shot it as much as my other guns I could cure myself of it. The extended magazines are a must for me and the trigger leaves more to be desired. Taking into account what it's purpose is, it fills the role well. 

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, kesava said:

Today, I went to the range. I took my the whole arsenal. I'm loving shooting with P320. It's so nice. The trigger is the best non 1911 trigger I've handled. Then I went to shoot my Kahr beloved CM9.... So long and squishy. I dont like having such different trigger experiences. Thinking of the P938... The P320 sub compact is a bit too thick for EDC. What are your thoughts on the P938?

I've had a P938 for several years and been very happy with it.  After the first range trip and cleaning, it has been reliable and trouble free.  On days when a small pistol is necessary, it has replaced my LCP.