Trying to find a mag for this 1960's .22 (six rd) S/L/LR. The more research I do the more confused I get. From what I can tell it was made for Western Auto by either Mossberg or Savage and is one of these models:
Savage 15 or 120
Mossberg 350, 250C or 353
Can any one help me clear this up?
R/S hughd

Edited by hughd
(six rd) S/L/LR

I did research on one of the Revelation rifles I was looking to buy a while back. One thing I found said:

"The Revelation Model 125 is a variant of the Mossberg Model 353."

I can't confirm for sure, but the look alike on Numrich. Might compare the mag part #.

Hopefully this narrows down the models. These "store guns" were notorious for being a cheaper (cheaper wood for stocks was one big thing) version of a popular model, but sometimes they would switch up makers and not swap the model name or number. I have seen that talked about some. Some of the books seem to not even make footnotes about these models.

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

I can't seem to find a Revelation or Western Auto 125A in any of my books.  I did find a Western Auto 125 on Numrich guns parts.  You may have already checked here but check out this link and see if it matches.  They do have a magazine in stock.

Western Auto 125

Saw that one as well. (10 round/,22 LR)  :shrug:

For what it's worth, I found this on fleabay:

Western Auto Revelation 125A Rifle Barrel, .22 SHV, L, LR

This is a blued barrel for the Western Auto Revelation 125A bolt action rifle, .22 SHV (high velocity), L, and LR caliber. Will also fit the Mossberg 353 rifle.
Edited by hughd
SP
16 minutes ago, hughd said:

For what it's worth, I found this on fleabay:

I saw that too.  Numrich schematics show it listed as a Western Auto model 125, no "A". The schematics for the 125 and the 353 are identical and both of those rifles are semi-autos.

1 hour ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

I saw that too.  Numrich schematics show it listed as a Western Auto model 125, no "A". The schematics for the 125 and the 353 are identical and both of those rifles are semi-autos.

And 10 Round LR vs 6 or 7 rd S,L,LR...

Also, I should add that the original mag was  adjustable and had a small clip that moved fore an aft to adjust for cartridge length. The clip has gone missing.

Edited by hughd