Did anyone go to the Trump rally in Nashville?

I cant stand that long so it was not an option for me. My wife and a friend tried to go, but friend backed out.

However...some of my liberal neighbors got together and went to protest. LOL Saw one of them on the late news. Unfortunately they didn't cause enough trouble to get arrested.

Not only no but heck no! There's no way that I could stand that long even if I were so inclined, but I don't think anyone's worth that wait.

On the bad-boy side of me I do kind of hope to see the protesters go too far and get the crap kicked out of them and then arrested.

I went and it was a great experience even though we didn't get in.  I got in line at 3:30 and the line was a mile long.  At 6:30 I was told by a MNPD officer that no one else was being let in, which was a not true.  I was still about 4 blocks away so I went ahead and left.  I saw only a hand full of protesters, they were mostly getting laughed at.  The protesters were way too outnumbered to get rowdy.  I will say that listening to Trump's speech on the radio it is refreshing to hear the president talk about doing great things.  These last 8 years it seemed that every time the president spoke I was losing a right or having to pay a tax.  I just hope that Trump gives his all to accomplish the things that he is setting out to do.

• Like 5

Yes,got in line at 3PM and did not realize it was a mile long as you could not see because it was wrapped around a couple streets.When we did all see at 5PM we were not even close only a couple people left. At 6:30 we were still a block away and trying to figure out the math with the RNC Ticket Giveaway. So if 10 thousand already in and another 7-8 thousand still in line did they just give tickets to anyone asking instead of a cut off? We could see

a few extra to make up for empty protester seats but no cutoff?  Never got near it but got to meet a lot of great like minded people so kind of made up for it.  Seen a large amount of Pro Trump Hispanics there,and on leaving a small handful of protesters. Got home cold and tired and watched Nashville 

CH 2 News and true to form headlines Two Thousand Protesters and a couple hundred waiting in line with tickets. Local Fake News.

• Like 1

I was there and did get in. Got in line about 1:30 and we just barley made it in. He came on stage about 5 min after we found a seat. There were a few hundred empty seats 300 or so but only because they couldn't get the people through security fast enough. 

It was a lot of fun. Went with my son and his friend who are big supporters. Was a good speech. Spanked the media's be-hind pretty good a couple of times.  

Crowd was pretty revved up. Minimal issues other than some 20 somethings who thought they could cut the line as we got close to the door. My son and his friend are good sized boys and we weren't having any of it. They moved on around the back of the line after a few words and serious looks were exchanged.

It was cold and long and my foot is paying for it today, but it was a good time. 

20170315_190524.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NextExit said:

Didn't go.  He was in Nashville, Pence is in Florida.... WTH?  And here I thought Obama was the "campaigner in chief"....

20170222_Trump_Travel-2.jpg

And that was almost a month ago, more trips to Mar A Lago since.

Not to mention ongoing security down there in place even when he's not there. Not to mention the minimum $250K per day for security at Trump Tower even when Trump isn't there since Melania won't live in the White House.

http://www.snopes.com/melania-trump-nyc-costs/

"the elaborate lifestyle of America’s first family is straining the Secret Service and security officials, stirring financial and logistical concerns in several local communities, and costing far beyond what has been typical for previous presidents."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-familys-elaborate-lifestyle-a-logistical-nightmare--at-taxpayer-expense/2017/02/16/763cce8e-f2ce-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?postshare=3851487333451275&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.b2e56de57a07

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/02/22/trumps-family-trips-cost-taxpayers-nearly-as-much-in-a-month-as-obamas-cost-in-a-whole-year/#3263fd736e49

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
12 minutes ago, Eray said:

To quote a famous politician " At this point what difference does it make." We owe 20 trillion thanks to Obama. The ship is going down no matter what Trump does.

The often touted mantra by the right that "Obama added more federal debt than all presidents combined before him" is technically true at 7.9 trillion, but remember that Duyba accounted for the majority of all of it previously, at $5.8 trillion, so that's nothing for the GOP to really crow about.

The fact is that the Trump budget is going to try and nuke a lot of a very small wedge of the cheese, and the fact that he's living more like a king than a president on our money while cutting out stuff like food programs and educational programs to the poor is uber hypocritical for a "populist".  Especially since it won't even move the needle in the overall problem.

Let them eat cake indeed.

- OS

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Eray said:

When Trumps debt increases exceed Obamas, I will get concerned. Until then, I am on the Trump train and enjoying the ride.

Proposed budget "only" has yearly deficit of half a trillion dollars, but that's quite arbitrary in actuality, and Trump is pushing hard behind the scenes to raise the debt limit. The temporary measure to allow it expired yesterday, and the US government currently has less cash on hand than Apple or Google.

So the question is whether to force an immediate economic crisis, or let the long term one continue, which means about the same level of increase as through the BHO years.

- OS

10 hours ago, Eray said:

To quote a famous politician " At this point what difference does it make." We owe 20 trillion thanks to Obama. The ship is going down no matter what Trump does.

but then.....

9 hours ago, Eray said:

When Trumps debt increases exceed Obamas, I will get concerned. Until then, I am on the Trump train and enjoying the ride.

For some reason, the Titanic comes to mind......     

So when the deficit goes up 8 trillion during his tenure, then you'll get concerned?  I will too because in 2020, it'll be a clean sweep by the Dems.  Hello single payer and tax increases.  Better hope we have a 5-4 or 6-3 SCOTUS majority to stop the impending assault on the Constitution.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NextExit said:

but then.....

For some reason, the Titanic comes to mind......     

So when the deficit goes up 8 trillion during his tenure, then you'll get concerned?  I will too because in 2020, it'll be a clean sweep by the Dems.  Hello single payer and tax increases.  Better hope we have a 5-4 or 6-3 SCOTUS majority to stop the impending assault on the Constitution.  

Once you owe so much that you can not pay your bills the amount no longer matters. If I owed $1,000,000 it would no longer matter if I owed $5,000,000 because there is no way I could ever pay either amount. The debt works out to $166,000.00 per taxpayer. The average amount each family in this country has in savings is $9,600. I'm not an accountant but I can see a problem here. How many taxpayers could come up with their $166,000.00? There is no way this country can ever pay off 2o trillion dollars so what difference does it make now whether we owe 20 trillion or 40 trillion. We are headed for bankruptcy as soon as interest rates return to normal levels either way.

Edited by Eray
3 hours ago, kieefer said:

C7PTr2eV4AAOlBo.jpg-large.jpeg

Bogus. Clinton won more than 57 counties in just a few states in the south I looked at in Leip's totals.

Glancing around reports, looks like something around 2600 : 500 might be closer to reality, can't find an official tally, and I certainly ain't gonna take the time to tally them up.

But if anyone wants to:

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/

(click on each state to get visual county by county results, and even totals for each county (hover for % click to get actual numbers)

Nothing really new here, the GOP has had a hugely lopsided edge in county totals for many years, including even during big Dem wins like in 2008 and 2012. The big diff was that Hillary didn't win as many of the most populous counties as BHO did in either election.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Now I understand why no one here cares about Trump lying. You guys are not interested in the truth. Just keep posting memes that are not accurate while also throwing out the usual talking ponts that have been proven false.

And even when the truth is posted, it's just dismissed as "fake news". 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

The fact that the first lady thinks she's too good to live in the white house is a major slap in the face. What a selfish, stuck up individual. This is the wife of the man promising to go after the "elite". It sure does speak volumes about them.

Funny considering how hard we were on Michelle Obama. If she had done the same thing conservatives would have been furious.

$250k PER DAY because the white house isn't good enough. Amazing.

• Like 2