Need Help with Price

klamb5

Have a Colt Anaconda 44 mag my niece wants to sell , was left to her by father but is too much for her . Trying to find a fair price for her Gun Broker prices are not always the standard

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATczZmYBLTgwNTYtZjU5MS0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMw1DSv5L%2FoS6aagpZkRNYABwBbI02v8qa5S7I0SjLYNbpVAAACAQkAAABbI02v8qa5S7I0SjLYNbpVAAAArC5%2BpAAAAAESABAAbLyJYzciREKpk0gxf3TzIA%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=56dskjGXHEO8-Z6rgWQxDyA_Njfjb9QYsQdqn5DjLwPKUF6TWFn0cRRivCkLNerxDAbl6et7lhM.&token=97a5292a-d23c-4529-9f94-28c67ac3583e&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

colt.jpg

Edited by klamb5
spelling
56 minutes ago, klamb5 said:

Have a Colt Anaconda 44 mag my niece want to sell , was left to her y father but is to much for her . Trying to find a fair price for her Gun Broker prices are not always the standard

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATczZmYBLTgwNTYtZjU5MS0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMw1DSv5L%2FoS6aagpZkRNYABwBbI02v8qa5S7I0SjLYNbpVAAACAQkAAABbI02v8qa5S7I0SjLYNbpVAAAArC5%2BpAAAAAESABAAbLyJYzciREKpk0gxf3TzIA%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=56dskjGXHEO8-Z6rgWQxDyA_Njfjb9QYsQdqn5DjLwPKUF6TWFn0cRRivCkLNerxDAbl6et7lhM.&token=97a5292a-d23c-4529-9f94-28c67ac3583e&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Well your pic isn't working and you've not given any details. so who could guess...

2 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Well your pic isn't working and you've not given any details. so who could guess...

Well you see as much as I know , except her father died several years ago and she has not shot a box of shell through it and s/n check isn't helping .

• Like 1

I don't follow them religiously, but they are bringing about what the Pythons are if not less.  A lot depends on the finish,the condition, and the barrel length. The 44 mag is the most common caliber Anacanda. The 6" and 8" is about the most common length so a 4" may bring a little more. A somewhat rough shooter grade should still bring close to a grand, but only if it is tight.  They were not as well built as Rugers or Smiths. I couldn't imagine an unfired NIB, even a 4", bringing more than $2200 unless it is one of the rare models like the Kodiak.  A high shine version is out there and worth about 10% more than a standard stainless version.  I am not an expert though. 

Pm me a serial number and I can get the date for you.  Price depends a lot on configuration. Try to find out the barrel length, does she have the box and the stuff it came with etc. I have been looking at a lot of anacondas lately and help you with a price once I know the particulars. 

Edited by KahrMan

(I was, of course, kidding).  I have several Colts including a brand new in box Anaconda .44 and its twin that I have fired.  I love them both!  I would of course buy it for $500 but am not trying to suggest that should be the asking price.  Without knowing more about the condition, I could not speculate.--EDIT--I can see the pictures now.  Looks to be in good condition.  Likely more than my original bid.  Guess I am out.

Edited by ma6907
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, ma6907 said:

(I was, of course, kidding).  I have several Colts including a brand new in box Anaconda .44 and its twin that I have fired.  I love them both!  I would of course buy it for $500 but am not trying to suggest that should be the asking price.  Without knowing more about the condition, I could not speculate.--EDIT--I can see the pictures now.  Looks to be in good condition.  Likely more than my original bid.  Guess I am out.

My guess would be yes LOL

We had a nice one in the shop on consignment for 14 months. Owner wanted $2500, lowered to $2200 after six months, it never sold.

Many people looked at it, wanted it, and had a lot of offers for $1500.

Folks price them high, like you see on Gun Broker, but they rarely sell. Usually it's a collector looking for a specific one for his/her collection.

I bought one for $1000 ten years ago, sold it at the Lebanon gun show last year for $1200. It sat there Friday and Saturday, and sold on

Sunday to a man that looked at it on Friday. It's worth what someone will pay, as you know, but I would say top dollar is $1500 for fair price.

I have been trading/collecting/selling guns for over 60 years. The only Python and Anaconda I see lately are priced high because people

THINK they are so valuable, and when they can't sell at the high price.......say they'll just keep it....take their [ball and bat] and go home.

For $1500 (and less) today, there are better guns in my opinion, like a Super Redhawk, 629 Stealth PC, Alaskan, etc.

If I could get $1500 for the one in the picture above, I would be happy.

• Like 2