Need Army Boot Camp Info

My granddaughter has enlisted in the Army.  I don't know why.  But that's another issue.  Things have changed since I was a Marine 50 years ago in everybody's boot camp.  My daughter wants to know what will her baby will be able to take with her. Cell Phone? Laptop?  What about clothes?  I couldn't take anything.  All my clothes went into a box to be shipped back to my mommy, way back.  Will she have telephone privileges if she can't have a cell phone?  She has to complete boot camp, then go home to finish college, then off to OCS for an officer's MOS of 30C or S or something.

Thanks,

Cherokee Slim

Edited by Cherokee Slim

My son leaves June 6th for boot camp. Her recruiter will give her a future soldier book with everything she needs to take and further instruction on what to expect.

I just retired as  a Sergeant Major/i went with my son to ensure his paper work was right. Make sure you have everything documented that was promised. What you stated about going to boot then coming home to finish college is odd. Is she in the National Guard? Most usually have to go to get a enlisted MOS after basic training. 

There is only one officer AOC of 30A. 

Edited by R1100R
42 minutes ago, Cherokee Slim said:

She has spent four high school years in the Navy Sea Cadets.  Also taking college credit classes at the same time.  Beyond that I don't have a clue. 

It sound's like she's joined the National Guard to get her college tuition and some expenses paid. If so she's a smart girl and did her homework, you should be very proud of her.

• Like 1